DIY 01-03 JDM Civic Fog Lights

ckinne

Reaction score
Can you go a little more in-depth on the wiring portion of the DIY?

dynasty

Reaction score
Good lord, your lip needs some love...what in the hell did you hit?

don't worry. it's urethane. LOL. but let's just say. Oklahoma is known for rocks and dirt. i plan to repaint it after the winter season.

Can you go a little more in-depth on the wiring portion of the DIY?

i currently don't have my car right now because it's in the shop for repair. got into an accident from a recent Oklahoma ice storm. i'll try to keep you guys updated whenever i get it back which most likely it'll be on Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

indowanksta88

Reaction score
^^ thanks a lot man, any updated information will help me out a LOT, i cant figure out the bull$hit wiring since i am not that great with electrical stuff. so u didnt use a relay or anything? cuz on my foglight, there is two wires, one is red and the other is black. the black one has a little metal piece to it, so am i supposed to tap the red wire to the corner parking light and the black wire to the battery?

laosta479

Reaction score
sorry for not posting here guys..but here's what happened...the kit i ordered was from ebay...and i couldn't figure out how to do it so i took it to a shop and they didn't even use any of the wires that came in the kit...because none of it was needed except the wires that go directly to the fogs and the grounds...from there they wired it to a switch...but for the fitment part...i had to trim off the corners in the mouth of the front bumper to get them in

dynasty

Reaction score
^^ thanks a lot man, any updated information will help me out a LOT, i cant figure out the bull$hit wiring since i am not that great with electrical stuff. so u didnt use a relay or anything? cuz on my foglight, there is two wires, one is red and the other is black. the black one has a little metal piece to it, so am i supposed to tap the red wire to the corner parking light and the black wire to the battery?

i remember a yellow wire for the power source. but my fogs DOES come with a relay along with an OEM switch. but the switch is built for a Civic so it's smaller than ours. other than that, i'll try to post up the updates on monday.

sorry for not posting here guys..but here's what happened...the kit i ordered was from ebay...and i couldn't figure out how to do it so i took it to a shop and they didn't even use any of the wires that came in the kit...because none of it was needed except the wires that go directly to the fogs and the grounds...from there they wired it to a switch...but for the fitment part...i had to trim off the corners in the mouth of the front bumper to get them in

that's weird. everything connects perfectly. the only wires i splice/cut was the power wire and the trigger wire. which both has a metal piece to bolt them onto the car. for mine, i had an extra wire running from my firewall straight to the battery so the wires extend. any pictures of how it look?

angelusnhc

Reaction score
yah we really need pictures. couldnt we just tap into the headlights so that they come on with the headlights or the parking lights?

ckinne

Reaction score
You could do that but it might blow some fuses. I have my halos wired to come on when i put the daylights on and I blew a few fuses. So it is worth a try basically.

angelusnhc

Reaction score
You could do that but it might blow some fuses. I have my halos wired to come on when i put the daylights on and I blew a few fuses. So it is worth a try basically.

cant you just use an inline fuse?

Back