How to use Seafoam

coupe2000

Reaction score
posibly 02 sensor needs removed and cleaned some large dposits of carbon that came loss from sea foam could be clogging the finns and disrupting the signal.try claning with a can of tb claner and wire brush.

finch13

Reaction score
posibly 02 sensor needs removed and cleaned some large dposits of carbon that came loss from sea foam could be clogging the finns and disrupting the signal.try claning with a can of tb claner and wire brush.

O2 sensors are too fragile for that harsh of a cleaning. What you can do it gently brush it off with a nylon brush and then pass the sensor through a torch flame a few times to burn away any deposits. Spraying chemicals directly on it is a big no no, carb and brake cleaner are labeled as "O2 sensor safe" only because when used correctly, they'll be combusted or evaporated before they reach the sensor itself.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
o2 sensors are too fragile for that harsh of a cleaning. What you can do it gently brush it off with a nylon brush and then pass the sensor through a torch flame a few times to burn away any deposits. Spraying chemicals directly on it is a big no no, carb and brake cleaner are labeled as "o2 sensor safe" only because when used correctly, they'll be combusted or evaporated before they reach the sensor itself.

+1

dynasty

Reaction score
i didn't see any reviews about this but i heard that if your car is over 100k, you shouldn't seafoam. anyone confirm this? i have around 182k.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
i did it to my freinds civic couple days ago. 200k milage original motor. no probs and it ran fine after. :p

speedracered

Reaction score
:jarred:i did my car at 155k and it make it run a whole lot smoother.

glad i did it.

Led_zeppelin

Reaction score
Nothing like tearing down the engine on a Saturday morning and givin' it a good scrubbin' for the Sunday drive to church!

I'm really impressed with Piston Polish cleaner, it's right next to Windex at the store... can't go wrong with Crank Detailer either....

LOL
:naughtyrun:

Back