Photography Shoutbox

tnguyen600

Reaction score
Wow already on page 2... lol. Good I can ask my n00b photography questions here. As a short start on my noobness, if I'm trying to get good Bokeh (I think thats what you call it) on a photo of something such as a flower, I don't want to zoom with my 18-55 kit lens right? From what I understand, as you zoom in, you cant adjust the aperture as far? This whole aperture/shutter speed/iso is a little complex, but I'm slowly getting it.

This site might help you out.

http://web.canon.jp/imaging/enjoydslr/part2/2Ab.html

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Wow already on page 2... lol. Good I can ask my n00b photography questions here. As a short start on my noobness, if I'm trying to get good Bokeh (I think thats what you call it) on a photo of something such as a flower, I don't want to zoom with my 18-55 kit lens right? From what I understand, as you zoom in, you cant adjust the aperture as far? This whole aperture/shutter speed/iso is a little complex, but I'm slowly getting it.
most simply...you can have a blurred background either with a large aperture (small number) or by increasing the distance from the subject to the background. this is way over-simplified so its easy to remember.

i would personally use the 55mm end at f/5.6
original digital rebel? :eh: i dont think its 300d....or is it? haha
its not even xt...but i dont care, its free :)
thats what it is...i should know cause i used to have one :lawl: not a great cam...good pics from it for the most part...the rest was just :ughrun:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
ok noobs, help me out...

i want a new memory card for my camera, to obviously fit more **** on it, haha.

right now i just have this...

411N9JFMBFL._SS500_.jpg

im thinking of going up to a 1gig size. i saw on amazon there was a used one for like $19.99+ship. new they were like $50 or something.

the number on the back of it is sdmsv-256. if you guys know of anywhere i could get the 1gig, or even bigger, for cheaper would be great.

TheHunter

Reaction score
Jesus that's pricey. I just bought a 2 gig CompactFlash for 16 bucks, and you can get 2 gig SD cards for around the same... why is that so much more?

Back