'01 Accord G23 build.. & 2-piston Caliper swap

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
also... the g23 NA didnt fair out to get the best results in terms of HP numbers... i remember 1 dude did it here and the dyno rated it at 155hp...

that would be me lol

but to be honest, a stock bottom end and a non-vtec h23 head wouldn't get me much... i could have gone the k20 piston route, but backed out due to financial restrictions.... the pistons do make a difference, esp in a NA build... my car has 155 whp, but what i do like abt it is that the power is very usable.. i hit max hp at abt 4k rpm

silverstrike

Reaction score
that would be me lol

but to be honest, a stock bottom end and a non-vtec h23 head wouldn't get me much... i could have gone the k20 piston route, but backed out due to financial restrictions.... the pistons do make a difference, esp in a NA build... my car has 155 whp, but what i do like abt it is that the power is very usable.. i hit max hp at abt 4k rpm

wat was ur redline?
i remember reading ur thread on this build and u used a non vtec head (like u stated above) well i'm pretty sure that if i use K20 pistons and a vtec to be looking at a lot more horses out of it. and nyknick1015 about the cam deal let me know if you find the thread. and if that is the case then i'll just use the JDM H22 cams i have instead of an aftermarket one.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
redline at 6.5k i think

btw, i have an OEM cat converter too.. so freakin restrictive :redface2:

Osiris646

Reaction score

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
I thought a G23 was a F23 block, H22 Head, and K20 pistons...?
http://www.importtuner.com/tech/impp_0902_k24_vtec_versus_g23_vtec_tech_knowledge/index.html
No 11.5:1 compression ratio for YOU! But your planning to boost :)... Your gonna need to rebuild your transmission to handle the HP. Unless your rich and can replace transmissions that are made for 150hp. And the engine is putting out double that. GL with your build.:beer2:

a g23 motor is basically a F block mated to a H head... it can be either h22 head for a vtec version, or a h23 head for the non-vtec version...

the k20 piston is optional, and is only good if u are going NA...

as for the tranny, the f23 5-spd tranny can take a lot of abuse.. just change out the clutch and it'll hold the added power

silverstrike

Reaction score
Yep I luv da tranny I got. I am planning on rebuilding it with a Helican LSD when I'm done building the engine for turbo which has been postponed due to not having a job rite now. So like I stated before I'm going to go NA until I save enough money to start ordering parts cuz by then I should have the G23 NA running in my car nd I'm not going to rip apart the engine until I hav all the high-pro parts. Itz a long process but it'll be very fun doing it.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
First time I read this thread, and I like where this is going.

Also commend you on keeping things neat and organized in your garage with the parts.

Any more update pics of the build?

silverstrike

Reaction score
i'm sorry guys no major update, i'm still jobless so can't do much til i get a job.
Hopefully when i do the first thing i'ma do is buy valve springs, retainers, valves and send the head out to a machine shop.

This is hella off topic but just putting it out here, changing a clutch on a '96 Subaru Legacy is a pain in the ***.. especially one that has hella rusted bolts and was driven in a lot of mud.. cuz we did that this last week and i just hated it so much.. but it was kinda fun cuz it was my first time with an awd car.. not that big of a difference cuz i've done RWD and FWD clutch jobs before but yea.

oh also i might be picking up a VIS Carbon Fiber hood for $50 this weekend... :drool:

Back