Morimoto/Mini H1 Projector retrofit + more

jwong512

Reaction score
Looks very nice. I might consider doing this once I get my hands on some money. I'm somewhat noob to projectors, so I'm assuming that with bi-xenon I won't need my hi-beams on my stock reflectors anymore? If so, do I have to do any sort of special wiring in order to make the bi-xenon function with the hi-beam switch or would my HID plug and play kit do that?

Also, with the stock low beams, there's that reflector cover thing. How do you take that out? Just pull it out?

Last edited:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Looks very nice. I might consider doing this once I get my hands on some money. I'm somewhat noob to projectors, so I'm assuming that with bi-xenon I won't need my hi-beams on my stock reflectors anymore? If so, do I have to do any sort of special wiring in order to make the bi-xenon function with the hi-beam switch or would my HID plug and play kit do that?

Also, with the stock low beams, there's that reflector cover thing. How do you take that out? Just pull it out?
Bi-xenon is simple. It has a solenoid mechanism that is hooked to a shield, when activated (by your high beam wiring) the shield flips/slides down and allows light above the cut-off, giving you "high beams". You can still retain you stock high beams and use them. The whole bi-xenon wiring is usually 2 simple wires. Your plug and play kit would work fine long as it's the proper bulb type. Bi-xenon is actually just a single HID bulb.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
the low beam "cover" is just held on by a screw on the bottom of the reflector...

jwong512

Reaction score
If that's the case this might be my next modification for my car then. What about the stock reflector circle thingy? How would I go about removing that so the projector could just fit?

jwong512

Reaction score

Oh sorry, I didn't know that's what it was called :p. Thanks!

Edit: I was just wondering, if you were to compare these to TSX projectors, how far off would they be in terms of performance?

Last edited:

acedomain

Reaction score
oh man i think these are small enough to fit in my highbeams Nice and bixenon now i can deff. do my retros im glad i waited so long .....i already have my tsx projectors for the low beams and now i can get these for the high beam retro ... good find man and good luck with the retrofit.:omgbd:

acedomain

Reaction score
thats what im talkin bout lol....but i was just thinking would the output for these be a major diff. compared to the tsx ....like would it stand out like a sour thumb??

Back