DIY Paint Job on the Cheap! *UPDATED 3/3*

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
DIY Color Change Paint Job/Repaint on the Cheap!

No way around doing it the right way. People have been painting cars for 100 years

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Re: DIY Color Change Paint Job/Repaint on the Cheap!

Props for the write up. I know what u mean when u say "just a Honda accord". I'm going to paint mine with truck bed liner

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score

all this negativity and yall haven't seen the pics yet

J30MAN

Reaction score

no comments till I see pics.

djmerkone

Reaction score

So pathetic. It's amazing the depths someone will go to save a few dollars. I'd love to see professional-quality photos of any paintjob like this both at the time of completion and then 1 year later.

I dont see the problem with saving money if it works. Im sure, the majority of the public would agree. We are not at the best state of the economy right now, and i doubt that, just as i, any one would go all out and spend a whole lot of money to paint just one car, once. It doesnt make sense to do. Besides, if you want a professional paint job, then this is obviously not the route. This is intended for those DIY'ers that wouldnt mind saving a buck or two. Also, a simple google search will show you that there are many out there that did the 50 dollar paintjob with rustoleum and a foam roller, with great sucess. Keep in mind, that we didnt have what you would call "pro paint equip" until just a few decades ago. Brushes and rollers were used.

But yeah man, theres absolutely nothing pathetic about wanting to save money. I support pro paint jobs. But for a honda accord, thats a DD, and definately not a show car... I can agree at that point that its rather foolish on such a car, to spend $1,000+ on something you can do on your own. But to each his own. Its about you doing you.

djmerkone

Reaction score

No way around doing it the right way. People have been painting cars for 100 years

Yep. And in regards to the right way, there is no such thing. Its all about what is the most effective. You do get what you pay for. I am not sure if this will last more than 2-4 years, however it is all about care. Exterior house paint takes several years to deform or fade. I guess a higher quality paint on a car really doesnt make sense though :rofl:
Props for the write up. I know what u mean when u say "just a Honda accord". I'm going to paint mine with truck bed liner

Eww :henry:
------
Just a word on something here. I know that this DIY is contrary to popular belief. I thougt the same once. Im not trying to win any one over, especially with out pics. But why critisize something, if you havent seen anything yet? Thats like saying something tastes bad with out ever tasting it. Im not trying to change any one's opinion or anything, only sharing what i know.

Dont get me wrong, I love my accord, but I just cannot agree with spending money on a paint job, thats costs more than what the car is worth. That is just nonsense to me. If it was a newer model, or an overseas model, then I would be saying something entirely different.

There truely is no point in critisizing something with out knowing the results.

Last edited:

nsjames

Reaction score

x2
truck bedliner will look like crap after a while because the UV from the sun makes it all chalky and such.

I'm gong to do my fenderlips to repair some rust, but nothing that sees direct sunlight all the time.

and if it was a troll it was a good one.

Back