DIY LEDs gauge cluster

Wagnasty

Reaction score
Sorry about that. I edited my post to include pictures and links. If there is a better place to purchase everything from please direct me that way. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

sandydoull

Reaction score
For these I am pretty sure you need the NEO 3-x typ bulbs:
Clock: (1qty) 3mm twist lock
Fog switch: (2qty) 3mm twist lock
Cruise switch: (2qty) 3mm twist lock
Sunroof switch: (2qty) 3mm twist lock

For these you will want the larger neo 4-x type bulbs
Climate1:
Climate2:
Climate3:

Your choice for this bulb seems ok (And yes the same bulb will fit the shifter backlight):
Climate4: 74

There is a picture of the rear of the cluster further back in this thread which shows which bulbs is which, there are a total of 24 bulbs so you would have to be more specific exactly which ones you were looking to change! (the bulbs you mention seem to be correct but my head is starting to hurt with your long post so i wish you good luck:mf_pcwhack:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
hmmm, random pondering...

I can hack things, so what if I swap my cluster to the dual color LEDs, like:

3mm_Bin_Color_LED_RB.jpg

Or even use triple color:

159-00.jpg

Those are RGB, 4 pins, 1 for each color with a common ground.

So what I might do, I'm also missing my floor auto indicator, and I want to delete the cluster indicator, maybe go with 4cyl/mt indiglow gauge faces over mine. Wire up just the gauges so in gear 1 or 2 you get red, in Drive or Reverse you get green, in Park or neutral you get Blue. Then the LCD indicator you get blue in any forward gear, green in Reverse, red in Park or Neutral. No headlight wiring.

IDK, the hack might be a bit, I've got some time to think about colors. I really want new cars to have the MIL tied in, so the whole cluster lights to red, always. Lights on or off, so I can spot the failure drivers through the window.

bocas0225

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm curious did anyone have any issues of the tach needle not working anymore after changing to led??? The reason I ask is because I recently changed to white LEDs for my tach speedo and fuel temp gauges on my 02 Honda Accord Coupe 2.3L 5 speed manual transmission. Since I have done this my tach isn't working properly I have to turn my parking lights on for the tach to work and when I do the tach jumps to 2000 rooms and once I start driving the tach will rise and it's not reading accurately. If I leave my parking lights off the needle will spin all the way around to the bump stop then one I start driving the needle wil jump to 6000 and just continue to wig out on me. Any advise I can get would be great. Before I switched to LEDs the tach worked fine:)

Back