DIY LEDs gauge cluster

crookx

Reaction score
Sorry crappy photo from blackberry but this is mine.. No hot spots, I also used 360 degree bulbs from Superbrightled.com Awesome light up.. I also used fingernail polish remover and got all the yellow off my needles so they are white in the day and matching blue at night...

n500735482_6070171_6226838.jpg

i love your setup, which leds did you ordered?

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
If anyone messed up thier needles I have an entire set of OEM needles ... I bought a euro cluster not knowing what I was getting into lmao took the red needles from there and put them on mine and tossed the rest lmao

Accord2Fresh

Reaction score
i ordered the exact same #74 twist lock bulb as the OP and it wouldn't fit on my cluster? anyone else have this problem?

NotNice

Reaction score
i cant get this to work??? i cant see anything . or do i have to wait for night? in the dark? i used ebay bulbs?? that shouldbe the problem though.????????????

Cpyro

Reaction score
it being darker out does help. Also u should be able to adjust the brightness with one the knobs on the odo

NotNice

Reaction score
yea i adjusted the knob for brightness. i only see a difference in the fuel gage and thats the one i did not change

metrick1235

Reaction score
i cant get this to work??? i cant see anything . or do i have to wait for night? in the dark? i used ebay bulbs?? that shouldbe the problem though.????????????

Some times you get DOA on ebay bulbs.. but check the bulbs make sure they make contact.. sometimes the cheap bulbs wont make a strong connection to the board. so they wont get power... Also check your Dimmer knob.. I suggest getting a black towel if you do it during the day, that way you can put it over the dash and your head to check bulbs when working..

metrick1235

Reaction score
how are you wanting this.. like a blur between blue and white?

you can get the White LEDs for the back side, and the two top LEDS that are pointing onto the front of the cluster could be blue.. that way you have a Blue Haze pointing at the white Gauges... other than that idk

you could try half blue and half white. alternating between bulbs.. (blue blub, white, blue, white)

Back