DIY LED.. white needles/Climate control/Cruise/door/clock/

F350spyder

Reaction score
I had done this to my '98 and '00 Accords, both with manual climate controls, and i don't remember using different sized bulbs. After looking again though, i had to de-soder the old LEDs off then resoder the new ones on. Those twist bulbs make life so much easier.

jhart

Reaction score
so no soldering is involved at all? I'm wanting to do my g/f's 02 this way. Once i fix the d/s multiplexor(instrument panel and climate control lights are gone).

iZiminator

Reaction score
Maybe I'm just lazy, or confused... Whats the exact amount of bulbs do we need to do a full led conversion?

Prices from SuperbrightLEDs.com
3mm, 4mm, 5mm Twist Type LEDs-$1.29 each-- Buttons/climate control
(194/168 type) with 90 or 120 degree $0.79 each --- I put these in my doors and trunk
12 VDC 5-LED Wedge Base bulb (194/168 type) $2.99 each-- Put in my Gauges
Small Wedge Base LED bulb (74 type)~ 2 lumen – 1.19 each-- gauges/ Shifter

Thanks.

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
Just ordered the following:

(3) WLED-RHP5 - Cluster
(3) 74-RHP - Cluster
(5) NEO3-R - 3mm Twist
(3) NEO4-R - 4mm Twist
(3) NEO5-R - 5mm Twist

Hopefully all goes well, I will post pics when I'm finished. $40 shipped for all, oh well. I have a burnt out clock/hazard and a burnt out cruise. So I guess its that time. I guess the only money I'll spend from that actual automotive site are the indicator lights on the HVAC. As you can tell as well, I'm going all red. Hopefully it will have a subtle yet sportier look.

Oh i know exactly what you mean, i'm a perfectionist too. Thats why i remade my gear shifter indicator piece. lol

i guess its the EX models that have that light, or new ones, idk but all i know is i looked the other day and my "auto" switch doesn't light up at all at night. :/

did you only get 3 leds for the gauge cluster? you do know you need 5 right? four white caps, and then a black cap that has a black wire going to it, that one is for the gas gauge.

and i wanna see pics when you get done. i only did blue, then white in my car, never red.

also, are you going to remove the paint from the back of the gauge faces?

Yeah, I am confusing with those list...

"Just ordered the following:

(3) WLED-RHP5 - Cluster
(3) 74-RHP - Cluster
(5) NEO3-R - 3mm Twist
(3) NEO4-R - 4mm Twist
(3) NEO5-R - 5mm Twist"

Cluster has 5 bulbs...

OH RLY?

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34729

3 and 3, thats what i ordered, and had a 74 bulb leftover. The rest were for all my switches and hvac. Only part that didnt come out well, it isnt bright enough.

These are the bulbs i used for my hvac and switches, i got the 2 lumen ones, and i dont think they are bright enough at all. they do have a high power led, so maybe ill give those a shot eventually.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=/instrument.html

Should be about the same. Get the unit off the center console and remove the surrounding pieces. Undo the backing screws and pry apart the front/back on the unit. Check my DIY for what the inside looks like. I imagine they're very similar.

Also, I believe, the manual ones have 3 bulbs of one size and 1 bulb of another size. Im willing to bet its 3-3mm and either a 4mm or 5mm. Probably a 5mm.

i got confused how many of each one
if sombody cld clear this up that wld be alsome

rackedout: that doesnt help much

iZiminator

Reaction score
i got confused how many of each one
if sombody cld clear this up that wld be alsome

:omgbd:

Exactly, lmfao. xD.

I just need the exact amount for the 4cyl. Don't know if the v6 is different.

and it sucks that the cool white is that light blue. -___-
Probably gonna do red gauges and the rest white.

Back