'99 Accord DX F23A5 - About to give up

MasterK

Reaction score
So then maybe your head on a A1 block would be a great option? Anyone else that can confirm this?

Actually hadn't contemplated this. From my understanding the only difference is the the top half of the motor. But anyone else that could confirm this....

james'99

Reaction score
Per hondaautomotiveparts.com, the two engines use the same block so I don't see why your head on a f23a1 engine wouldn't work. But I would still like confirmation.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Easiest way to check (cause IDK what you can swap) is go to a parts store and look at both head gaskets.

james'99

Reaction score
That is a great idea, and if you do it, you will find they are exactly the same! Same part number per hondaautomotiveparts.com!

MasterK

Reaction score
That is a great idea, and if you do it, you will find they are exactly the same! Same part number per hondaautomotiveparts.com!

I did the same. This makes me feel even better. Then I can fix all the issue with the old motor and sell it too.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
n/p...might find a guy like me that works there, and is bored, so is finding out what random swaps *might* work...

xci.ed6

Reaction score
yeah, look 'old-skool ricers'

Some would run a switch run by the driver for VTEC...

The MSD switches are like a 'Danger: over-rev' light switch.

Best if you mod the map for new cam, VAFC does that, or maybe bump the fuel pressure so it can run the 'less' limit for no VTEC, with the 'mo4r!' limit for VTEC.

Bump it with sockets & vice, don't like non-oem regulators...

Last edited:
Back