DIY: Vtec indicator light

dynasty

Reaction score
wouldnt doing this light bog down the amount of power going to the vtec

one LED won't hurt the vtec. but if you don't wire it correctly (wire is loose and tap into ground), yes, it would definitely mess up your vtec. but LED is meant for lower power light so i believe it won't affect the vtec. maybe by 0.1%. which is a lot for some racers because they want the full power for motor. haha

rexxx

Reaction score
i really think imma do this. just for the hell of it. and it would just be so random. haha.

and its pretty cheap.

juicebox00

Reaction score
i have my vtec light working but i'm gunna try to set it up where a voice will go "Vetaaakk!!" or something like that when i hit vtec...lol

juicebox00

Reaction score
i would go insane after one day

lol, i would have it wired to just a little speaker so i could just turn it off it i wanted to. and i might have it say something else like "Vtec now engaging" or something...lol

rexxx

Reaction score
i like the "Vetaaakk!!" idea better. haha.

imagine what people that are riding with you would be thinking. lmao

kevinbo03

Rollin' OEM style
Reaction score
lol, i would have it wired to just a little speaker so i could just turn it off it i wanted to. and i might have it say something else like "Vtec now engaging" or something...lol

It wouldn't be very hard actually! Use one of those recordable sound greeting cards that let you record your own message. Wire a NPN switching transistor to the switch on the board and the vtec wire, record your message, done!

NPN is basically a mini relay.

Johnson

Reaction score
This is what I did today.

101_0163.jpg

101_0165.jpg

101_0166.jpg

101_0167.jpg

Back