How to tint the back lights..DIY

Sinful

Reaction score
steadypimpin said:
I think the reflective part has to be visible. When I did mine last year I taped off a strip where the reflective material was and then painted them. It looked kind of cool too.
what did you mean by the reflective part? is there a reflective part in the coupe's taillights? or do i just do the whole thing+center. im only gonna do 2 coats i think.. just got mine shipped today and gonna work on it tomorrow. :thumbsup:

steadypimpin

Reaction score
if you look at any vehicles taillights, there is usually a little piece that is reflective. I think its there for the daytime use so another car can see the red reflection. Heres a pic of where the reflective part is. Every car has a small area with a reflector, I think its a law. I did it like that last time just in case. Then there's nothing to worry about.
820062zg4.jpg

Sinful

Reaction score
OH i see. thanks then man. But since i'm doing only two coats you think that it will matter if i just do the whole thing without masking it off? did you clear coat yours?

Last edited:

steadypimpin

Reaction score
I did that with VHT nite shades and that stuff sucked. I'm gonna do it again with the pactra stuff.

chaser226

Reaction score
Nice, I"ll try to do that soon. Where can I find a guide for removing my tails?

5spdcoupe

Reaction score
eh those tails look pretty sweet with the reflective part left untinted. do you see the red in the day or just when light is shining on it?

Sinful

Reaction score
so should i mask my reflectors? or just paint over them? I don't know how it will look. I'm probably gonna do 1-2 coats... i probably wont have time to do it til next weekend

Back