LeAccord's 1997 EK4

LeAccord

Reaction score
:love: EK hatches. And I love CGP as well. This may not be an Accord but it's definitely a nice Civic. I know you guys didn't get the Acura EL but what about the Domani? Im not a big fan of EK/EM coupes but they look sick with the EL/Domani conversions. The hatches look good, too. Glad you stayed with green.:lawl:

And whats this about age limits for driving turboed cars...?
Thanks Mikey! We don't get an Acura cars here so we don't get that chance unless we import a half cut or similar process.. My green hatch will probably stay looking as it is now, with maybe the addition of coilovers and light wheels.. TE37, RE30 something along those lines ;)

I can't remember precisely but you have to have a full drivers licence (3 years experience, I believe), at least 19 years old without any driving offences. I have another year before I'm legally allowed to drive a turbo/supercharged or vehicle with 8 or more cylinders.

Hmm EM1... I've never heard of that tho. You meant EJ1 maybe? I'm pretty sure that EK4 is 3 & 4 drs, but oh well haha.

Oh, my bad Alex lol. Let's just say it was all b/c of your dark pic. :hihi:

Agreed. Too bad they don't make it for V6 CG's tho. If I won't need to mod CL's, this would be on my first list of exhausts choice.

Looking fwd to seeing some brighter exterior pics. :p

Ah, thanks Mikey. I winder if Si's are available in AUDM. My search is limited w/ my pathetic phone, being outside hehe.

Yeah what Mikey wrote haha.

Will make up for dark pictures as soon as nice weather appears :)
Moddifying the exhaust for the CL to fit on your coupe be relatively easy, just the hangers and possibly lengthen/shorten the pipe a bit to suit? I want you to get it before I do ... :hide:

Si's .. I think my EK4 is regarded as an Si if it were sold in the US market. There are the lower models with the D15/D16 engines then theres the B16A2 in the Si/EK4 and then the B16B in the Type R. So to answer your question.. technically yes, they are available here.

Wire tucked the headlight harness and other wires near the brake master cylinder (remember.. RHD). Took forever to get it through the firewall and fender :ugh:

LeAccord

Reaction score
Updated OP with new pictures .. weather cleared so finally got a chance to wash and snap some quick pictures.

Finished tucking the wires that were easy enough to tuck, in the fenders.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Yeah what Mikey wrote haha.

Will make up for dark pictures as soon as nice weather appears :)
Moddifying the exhaust for the CL to fit on your coupe be relatively easy, just the hangers and possibly lengthen/shorten the pipe a bit to suit? I want you to get it before I do ... :hide:

Si's .. I think my EK4 is regarded as an Si if it were sold in the US market. There are the lower models with the D15/D16 engines then theres the B16A2 in the Si/EK4 and then the B16B in the Type R. So to answer your question.. technically yes, they are available here.

Wire tucked the headlight harness and other wires near the brake master cylinder (remember.. RHD). Took forever to get it through the firewall and fender :ugh:
Looking good, Mr. Alex! Thanx for the pics! Very Minty. :thumbsup: And clean engine bay, too. ← So that's an OEM strut bar eh? What does that badge say on the left side of your engine head with those red? I see those 3 red letters.

Ah, you just want me to get those Tanabe's, so you can get an idea before you get it huh. :poke: Actually, my ideal exhausts setup is to have axle backs and stay with an OEM pipe. They do make those universal Tuner Medalions, but idk if those are quiet enough. I Need more time to search & decide. Aaanyways..

It's always interesting to see those various models in different regions. So your VT-I R is the top model in AUDM right? Civic is way more complicated than Accord to me lol.

LeAccord

Reaction score
Looking good, Mr. Alex! Thanx for the pics! Very Minty. :thumbsup: And clean engine bay, too. ← So that's an OEM strut bar eh? What does that badge say on the left side of your engine head with those red? I see those 3 red letters.

Ah, you just want me to get those Tanabe's, so you can get an idea before you get it huh. :poke: Actually, my ideal exhausts setup is to have axle backs and stay with an OEM pipe. They do make those universal Tuner Medalions, but idk if those are quiet enough. I Need more time to search & decide. Aaanyways..

It's always interesting to see those various models in different regions. So your VT-I R is the top model in AUDM right? Civic is way more complicated than Accord to me lol.
Thanks Richard :)
Yep, that's an oem strut bar for the VTI-R, although I do plan to upgrade it later on.
It's a sticker on the spark plug cover from honda.

null_zps186b0d6a.jpg

Lol yep :p although my friend is telling me to get the Feel's exhaust as it gives more power gain.. It sounds awesome but I'm thinking it may be a bit too loud for me..
They should produce the same sound .. As well as being paired with the stock piping it should have a nice sound. I really doubt it would be loud as you've still got the pre muffler in the stock piping anyway :)

Yessir, VTI-R is the top model civic they sold in Australia. There are only very few EK9 Type R civics in Australia as they must be imported from Japan.. And that's not an easy and quick process.

Got my Type R grille in the mail today .. Getting it colour matched soon.

null_zpsfa4bffcf.jpg

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Thanks Richard :)
Yep, that's an oem strut bar for the VTI-R, although I do plan to upgrade it later on.
It's a sticker on the spark plug cover from honda.

null_zps186b0d6a.jpg
Have fun choosing the right strut for you (from many selections out there for Civics, unlike 6GAs.)
Thanks for taking the pic right away, Alex. Funny it's "F" for Premium haha.

Lol yep :p although my friend is telling me to get the Feel's exhaust as it gives more power gain.. It sounds awesome but I'm thinking it may be a bit too loud for me..
They should produce the same sound .. As well as being paired with the stock piping it should have a nice sound. I really doubt it would be loud as you've still got the pre muffler in the stock piping anyway :)

Yessir, VTI-R is the top model civic they sold in Australia. There are only very few EK9 Type R civics in Australia as they must be imported from Japan.. And that's not an easy and quick process.
I personally think that the amount of gain you can get from plug-and-play exhausts is not that much, unless you thicken your pipe diameter for turbo'ed / engine swapped setup, or make your pipe straight as much as possible w/ smaller / no silencer(s) or something. I'd go with a quiet and genteel one = Medallion Touring for now if I were you.

Regarding those Tuner Medallions, yeah I hope so. It's just that they don't really indicate the "-93 db" spec like Medallion Touring. Besides, I like the MT series' inner dual wall angle-cut tip that prevents your bumper from being black, and I love the way tip looks.. Tuner M's don't... Oh well, this is not so soon for me so I still have more time to :computer:. Hey, this is getting off topic on your thread, so I'll shut the hell up lol.

That's what I thought. Nice pick up, Alex! JDM B16Bs are out there eh? You never know what you'll be wanting to do, if you keep her for a long time w/ your wallet being widely open lol.

Got my Type R grille in the mail today .. Getting it colour matched soon.

null_zpsfa4bffcf.jpg
Nice. ;) It seems like your lower grille mesh is already matched up w/ your TR grille's.

Looking fwd to moar pix!:rofl:

LeAccord

Reaction score
Have fun choosing the right strut for you (from many selections out there for Civics, unlike 6GAs.)
Thanks for taking the pic right away, Alex. Funny it's "F" for Premium haha.
I think I'm gonna be a Spoon whore.. Use as many Spoon Sports products as possible.. :ugh: :henry:
Lol yeah I don't understand why its an 'F' instead of a 'P' ..

I personally think that the amount of gain you can get from plug-and-play exhausts is not that much, unless you thicken your pipe diameter for turbo'ed / engine swapped setup, or make your pipe straight as much as possible w/ smaller / no silencer(s) or something. I'd go with a quiet and genteel one = Medallion Touring for now if I were you.
I haven't really researched into exhausts and all that but I'm a sucker for reputable brands.. But you do have a good point. A twin loop is high on my priority list for exhausts though, just as the Mugen exhaust is.

Regarding those Tuner Medallions, yeah I hope so. It's just that they don't really indicate the "-93 db" spec like Medallion Touring. Besides, I like the MT series' inner dual wall angle-cut tip that prevents your bumper from being black, and I love the way tip looks.. Tuner M's don't... Oh well, this is not so soon for me so I still have more time to :computer:. Hey, this is getting off topic on your thread, so I'll shut the hell up lol.
I like the tip of the MT as well. It looks elegant and almost OEM and the canister is oval rather than round. Lol, perhaps tanabe sell the tips so you can weld on..? Long shot but it'd be nice if they did.

That's what I thought. Nice pick up, Alex! JDM B16Bs are out there eh? You never know what you'll be wanting to do, if you keep her for a long time w/ your wallet being widely open lol.

Looking fwd to moar pix!:rofl:
Even today at a Honda meet nobody rocked up with a B16B .. Only B16A2 and B18C2 engines in the civics and integras.. I'm already wanting to open my wallet for a K series engine .. :(

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
...Even today at a Honda meet nobody rocked up with a B16B .. Only B16A2 and B18C2 engines in the civics and integras.. I'm already wanting to open my wallet for a K series engine .. :(

I always thought B series were more desirable than a K series. What's better about the K series other than bigger displacement?

LeAccord

Reaction score
I always thought B series were more desirable than a K series. What's better about the K series other than bigger displacement?

Honestly, I haven't done much research on it yet. But all I know from what my friends have told me is that you obviously start off with more base hp with the k20 over any of the b series.. And there are only very few k swapped ek civics in Australia, but if I did it I'd be the only one in my state to have it done.. More for the sense of achievement than anything haha :p

rdxd

Reaction score
Clean ride! only came round to commenting now :p - Sad to see you let the accord go - I guess that just leaves me alone in Australia :( *spoiler alert* emman has done the unthinkable... oops was i meant to say that :hide:

LeAccord

Reaction score
Clean ride! only came round to commenting now :p - Sad to see you let the accord go - I guess that just leaves me alone in Australia :( *spoiler alert* emman has done the unthinkable... oops was i meant to say that :hide:

Lol thanks man :) yeah I sometimes regret selling it.. I miss the way she looked, it's in such bad shape now under the new owner :(

I know..! Emman went euro !!! Hahaha

Back