LeAccord's 1997 EK4

LeAccord

Reaction score
Update: Picked up an OEM EK9 Type R spoiler for an awesome price and I got it paint matched. Had my grille painted at the same time too.

I did retrofit the headlights with morimoto mini h1's but they won't stay for long as I will be replacing the headlights with OEM EK9 headlights soon.

And k swap soon. wut.
:rly::gasp::hmmm2::haters::challenge::derp:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
There is a white EK for sale in my neighbourhood, I think he even did a 5-lug swap on it.

Yours looks good though.

The engine swap plans...nice. Easier/cheaper to come across a K-series than a J-series there?

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but aren't K-series motors very good at holding boost? I know the K20 (RSX Type S) can hold it very well with mostly stock internals and the K24a2 (TSX) does pretty well too.

Just wondering.

By the way, every time I see your sig, I just think to myself "Dang, it's really gone"

LeAccord

Reaction score
There is a white EK for sale in my neighbourhood, I think he even did a 5-lug swap on it.

Yours looks good though.

The engine swap plans...nice. Easier/cheaper to come across a K-series than a J-series there?

Much easier. If I wanted a J swap it would've involved many more aftermarket parts, custom fab and the hassle of importing a 6 speed gearbox.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but aren't K-series motors very good at holding boost? I know the K20 (RSX Type S) can hold it very well with mostly stock internals and the K24a2 (TSX) does pretty well too.

Just wondering.

By the way, every time I see your sig, I just think to myself "Dang, it's really gone"

Honestly, I wouldn't have a clue as I haven't looked into turbo/sc. I'm planning to keep it n/a for the time being :challenge: haha

Aww yeah I miss it too .. Hopefully the k swap will finally get the accord out of my head for good.. LOL :alone:

LeAccord

Reaction score
Picked up dc2r front subframe, steering rack, front sway bar, lca's and forks as well as a K20A engine and charge harness. Picking up axles soon and then hopefully k-tuned package, k24a3 motor and dc5r/ep3 gearbox within the next two months :GetMoney:

Back