LeAccord's 1997 EK4

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Looking good! Quick question.. I read that k swapping an ek/ej is really easy compared to the older chassis. Like almost a bolt on affair compared to the others according to hybrid racing. Did you find that true?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Tapatalk

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
Looking good! Quick question.. I read that k swapping an ek/ej is really easy compared to the older chassis. Like almost a bolt on affair compared to the others according to hybrid racing. Did you find that true?

Ef/eg will require obd1 to obd2 conversion, chassis all same

LeAccord

Reaction score
Sickness! Nice swap. What were the dyno numbers?

Check out my SE-R sometime, same forum.

B7912201-4AC8-4CE0-A5EF-55D49D0C9E9F_zpsj0c6xora.jpg

Fyi, my chassis has 244,000km, my engine only has 85,000km .. Lol

Thanks!
Yes the swap on the ek was relatively easy however you do have to change the subframe and lca's but other than that, it really is a bolt on swap. Only cutting/grinding I did was to the windshield washer bottle hole so the CAI tubing would fit. And since I wanted to keep abs I had to mock up a little bracket to push the abs module back to clear the headers and oil filter.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Congrats Alex! :cheers:

How's the ride treating ya? So, does your vtec engage around 4.9k rpm?

I'm just a little concerned about the oil pan clearance, but do you think you'll be fine?

Have fun, buddy. Especially at this time of the year in AU. :driving:

LeAccord

Reaction score
Congrats Alex! :cheers:

How's the ride treating ya? So, does your vtec engage around 4.9k rpm?

I'm just a little concerned about the oil pan clearance, but do you think you'll be fine?

Have fun, buddy. Especially at this time of the year in AU. :driving:

Thanks Richard :) It is indeed fun.. but it is loud with the 3" exhaust lol. My clutch and flywheel makes it a bit difficult in traffic, but manageable .. barely. Currently, vtec is set to 5000RPM with the limiter at 8500.

Oil pan clearance is .. ok. I can get over speed humps alright without having to crawl over however I had hit it a couple times going through roads with height changes caused by a new layer of bitumen or just plain crap roads.

It's a bit hard to have fun because its been hot and I have no AC. I need to get my *** to a place that can extend one of my ac lines but i've just been busy lately, however I have a day off tomorrow so I might use the time to get it sorted out.

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Thanks!
Yes the swap on the ek was relatively easy however you do have to change the subframe and lca's but other than that, it really is a bolt on swap. Only cutting/grinding I did was to the windshield washer bottle hole so the CAI tubing would fit. And since I wanted to keep abs I had to mock up a little bracket to push the abs module back to clear the headers and oil filter.

Wow that's awesome, I didn't realize how simple it is to k swap those chassis until only a few days ago. Almost makes me want to get rid of my CRX and get an ej model to k swap. Almost. :lawl:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Thanks Richard :) It is indeed fun.. but it is loud with the 3" exhaust lol. My clutch and flywheel makes it a bit difficult in traffic, but manageable .. barely. Currently, vtec is set to 5000RPM with the limiter at 8500.

Oil pan clearance is .. ok. I can get over speed humps alright without having to crawl over however I had hit it a couple times going through roads with height changes caused by a new layer of bitumen or just plain crap roads.

It's a bit hard to have fun because its been hot and I have no AC. I need to get my *** to a place that can extend one of my ac lines but i've just been busy lately, however I have a day off tomorrow so I might use the time to get it sorted out.
Right on haha. Btw, didn't you prefer having quiet exhausts tho, like Tanabe's? Yeah no more eating ice cream in traffic for you. :driving: Is your vetc setting stock?

If the clearance starts to bother you, you might want to raise the front suspension a little bit huh. Or, time to go for a custom hood. :naughty:

Oh, that's right, no AC haha. I miss the hot weather tho. It's been below freezing for the past couple days here in Seattle. :coffee:

Looking fwd to seeing what you'll do next!

LeAccord

Reaction score
Right on haha. Btw, didn't you prefer having quiet exhausts tho, like Tanabe's? Yeah no more eating ice cream in traffic for you. :driving: Is your vetc setting stock?

If the clearance starts to bother you, you might want to raise the front suspension a little bit huh. Or, time to go for a custom hood. :naughty:

Oh, that's right, no AC haha. I miss the hot weather tho. It's been below freezing for the past couple days here in Seattle. :coffee:

Looking fwd to seeing what you'll do next!

The tanabe's were planned for the b16. My 3" exhaust set up consists of a 12" and 18" vibrant resonators to a 3" magnaflow muffler. I don't mind the exhaust noise THAT much, it's just that its difficult to hear someone talking if you have a someone else in the car.. lol.

Nope, it's tuned and the vtec window is set to 5000-5200rpm. That range gave it best power. It doesn't bother me too much, if anything I want to go lower .. maybe another 3/4" will be nice, but I'll see how my new wheels look with the chunky tyres I plan to mount on them first.

Got a quote to get one of my ac lines extended .. $132 :boxed: I need it done because its been searingly hot and next week is just as hot so I got no choice lol. Will probably get it done monday or tuesday.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
The tanabe's were planned for the b16. My 3" exhaust set up consists of a 12" and 18" vibrant resonators to a 3" magnaflow muffler. I don't mind the exhaust noise THAT much, it's just that its difficult to hear someone talking if you have a someone else in the car.. lol.

Nope, it's tuned and the vtec window is set to 5000-5200rpm. That range gave it best power. It doesn't bother me too much, if anything I want to go lower .. maybe another 3/4" will be nice, but I'll see how my new wheels look with the chunky tyres I plan to mount on them first.

Got a quote to get one of my ac lines extended .. $132 :boxed: I need it done because its been searingly hot and next week is just as hot so I got no choice lol. Will probably get it done monday or tuesday.
Ah, that was it; For your good ol' yellow-top B16. ;)

Yeah that's what I thought b/c it looked high for the stock setting. Well, atch out for the gas $ coming out of your wallet by having too much fun. :naughty: I just hope you'll be able to avoid messing up your oil pan, Alex.

Narrowing down a search of light wheels? My guess is... Going w/ RPF1's right, no? Idk, just sayin' my 6th sense lol. Chunky tires... ..like me haha.

Back