Replaced timing belt, new vibration

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Just as it is. I changed my timing belt and balancer belt last Friday. The car seemed to have the original Honda belts on it. Cracks on the outside and inside every 1/4 inch. The thing was about to snap!! Only 211k miles on them lol. Stupid previous owners.

Well I made my marks on the belts and transferred them and everything went smooth besides the crank bolt. I broke a 3/8" breaker bar trying to break it free. Then had to get a 1/2" and even then I felt like I was putting 350/400 lbs of torque on the thing before it broke free.

Buttoned everything back up and no have this slight vibration at idle. My guess is worn out motor mounts. I must have stressed them beyond their limits putting that much torque on the motor. Let's say the 2ft breaker bar was bending.

The vibration goes away when I put my hand and a very small amount of pressure on the driver side motor mount. Has this vibration happened to anyone else?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 21

zikada

Reaction score
Yep, I noticed these types of vibrations at idle after doing the whole timing belt job.

I'm pretty sure my motor mounts are shot too. I replaced the passenger side mount but sometimes I still notice a hard shift from reverse to drive when on a hill.

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Yup it's the motor mounts. On start up and shut down the engine shakes a lot. Order new front rear and side mounts along with a side tranny mount. Gonna fill them with poly

Back