Radar Detectors - Do you use?

Do you use a radar detector?

• Yes

Votes: 67 48.6%
  • No

Votes: 56 40.6%
  • I'm too fast they couldn't catch me anyways.

Votes: 15 10.9%

• Total voters

Millz

Reaction score
dont use one but im planning on getting one for use on long trips...

not that i speed excesivelly but its nice to know if there is one there so i dont get some minor B/S ticket cause the cop didn't get any the day before

dynasty

Reaction score
not sure if you guys heard about this but it's called a bait maneuver. it was in the article of Import Tuners along time ago. what you do is, try to spot a speeder on the speed lane. i'm sure out of all the cars on the highway will have at least one. so when you spot one, follow the same constant speed as them but stay behind approx. 1/4 mile but still have a visual of the bait car. if you see their brake light, then either they slow down for no reason or there's a cop. i've done this several times and haven't got caught before. the person who i was baiting did get caught though. bahaha. other than that, i love my 8500 radar detector. =]

Millhouse609

Reaction score
not sure if you guys heard about this but it's called a bait maneuver. it was in the article of Import Tuners along time ago. what you do is, try to spot a speeder on the speed lane. i'm sure out of all the cars on the highway will have at least one. so when you spot one, follow the same constant speed as them but stay behind approx. 1/4 mile but still have a visual of the bait car. if you see their brake light, then either they slow down for no reason or there's a cop. i've done this several times and haven't got caught before. the person who i was baiting did get caught though. bahaha. other than that, i love my 8500 radar detector. =]

just have to watch your 6 when doing that. Cops around here like to catch speeders from coming behind them instead of hiding if they can

dynasty

Reaction score
just have to watch your 6 when doing that. Cops around here like to catch speeders from coming behind them instead of hiding if they can

agreed. didn't thought about that either. they usually pace you without needing a radar. :owned:

accordman1

Reaction score
I have a passport 8500 have had it for a bout 2 years now. I always have it on when driving so in case there is cops around an area I will know. Since I do try to watch out for them since they are attracted to my car. I use it in my car now even though my accord is off road.

HPjunkie2007

Reaction score
i dont bother with radars. in miami 80 percent of the cops don't use radars, they pace you not to mention it won't matter because there has been a large influx of undercover cop cars lately. Magnums, chargers, Escalades, Grand prixs, MINIVANS, hondas,fords,even a camry they are getting smarter now because i saw a mini van pull over a guy and that was just crazy!

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
damn, thats nuts dude, hahaha. here theres just a couple undercover crown vics (which are easily spotted due to black tint) and a charger or two. nothing crazy like minivans and camrys tho, haha.

pinkee334

Reaction score
i dont bother with radars. in miami 80 percent of the cops don't use radars, they pace you not to mention it won't matter because there has been a large influx of undercover cop cars lately. Magnums, chargers, Escalades, Grand prixs, MINIVANS, hondas,fords,even a camry they are getting smarter now because i saw a mini van pull over a guy and that was just crazy!

Here, now they got a dayum f250 and a G35 sedan....
c0ps = :asshole:

Gruszka530

Reaction score
i got a valentine 1 and love it :D
saved me a few times but the arrows are the best

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
I used them in the past. But, they cant beat a pop up radar or Unmarked(not your typical crown vic.) police cars that can pace you.

Save that speedy driving for the race.... :thumbsup:

Back