Radar Detectors - Do you use?

Do you use a radar detector?

• Yes

Votes: 67 48.6%
  • No

Votes: 56 40.6%
  • I'm too fast they couldn't catch me anyways.

Votes: 15 10.9%

• Total voters

pattywak

Reaction score
For you guys with the Valentine 1:

Where did you mount it? It isn't like a windshield unit, is it? I think it's the kind with sensors that you put on the front and rear windshield? Correct me if I'm wrong.

juicebox00

Reaction score
For you guys with the Valentine 1:

Where did you mount it? It isn't like a windshield unit, is it? I think it's the kind with sensors that you put on the front and rear windshield? Correct me if I'm wrong.

there i a thing (it might be aftermarket) to mount it to the rear view mirror

that1redacc0rd

Reaction score
Cobra 9 Band. nothing too big, something simple. does its job, saved me couple times. good for the every here and there speeding.

pattywak

Reaction score
Ah, I've never seen a picture of it actually in place, and I thought the unit was a lot bigger than it was.

madmech_79

Reaction score
I used one for the first 5 or 6 years of driving, I had 5 speeding tickets in that time. Since I stopped using them I have not had a speeding ticket in 6 years. I did change my driving habits. I'm now married with children and more responsible. I don't care to drive fast, Its all about acceleration...how quick I can hit 60. I have been stopped for going like 7 over but just get warnings. The police can tell if your using the radar detector and your almost certain to get a fine. I like to know where they are but its not worth it.
You guys slow down and enjoy the ride, take the money for the radar detector and get a gps or something.:peace:

Back