NRG Flat Titanium Front Strut Bar

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
4433372231_b276fc06fd_b.jpg

Price paid: $70 + $25 shipping to my door (Canada)

Purchased from: eBay seller crowderscustomizing

Rating: 9/10

Comments: For accuracy's sake, my car has the following suspension setup: Eibach Prokit lowering springs (1.5" F, 1.7" R).

PROS: Great product. Lightweight and pleasing to the eye. Excellent fitment, save for one minor thing which I will talk about in the cons section. After installation, the front end felt noticeably stiffer. I don't feel the bumps up front as much as I did before. The price I paid was fair, and in my opinion, worth every penny.

CONS: Ran into a minor snag during installation. On the driver's side factory chassis brace, there is a small metal bracket that is meant to hold one of the many hoses in the engine bay. It protrudes slightly upward, and gets in the way of the strut bar. My solution: pop the hose out of the bracket, hammer the bracket down a little, and you're done! You can also grind a portion of the bracket down as well, but I didn't have a grinder handy.

I'd definitely recommend this product. Though this product is not a great "bang for the buck" option, it does compliment other suspension modifications very well. Not to mention the fact that it looks different, weighs less, and probably performs better than the eBay generic rounded bars.

A couple of pics. Excuse the current engine bay color scheme, I painted them blue to match the eBay filter, but the color turned out lighter than I expected. :lolhitting: Gonna repaint the covers and possibly the strut bar graphite gray to match my V2, which will be installed in the summertime.

Before:
4433370765_39fd55cb04_b.jpg

After:
4434145446_98e055e8f3_b.jpg

4433373115_c8c7437c31_b.jpg

I can also post a DIY if there is any interest, although installation is very straightforward.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Looks good..I was looking at those too..they also have a curved one for sale too,but doesn't look like that fit.

pattywak

Reaction score
Good writeup! This looks like a good bar to get...hmmm. Do you have a close up picture of the bracket that was in the way?

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
Here's a picture of the bracket circled in red:
4434507296_aeaf5fc32e_b.jpg

And another picture of it bent out of the way:
4434507896_f870acb541_b.jpg

Rusty corroded nuts and bolts FTL

that's a nice bar i always wondered what it actually looked like in a engine bay ... btw i don't think us i4's have that bracket so it shouldn't be an issue for some ...

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
The funny thing is, the first time I saw it, I contacted the seller about fitment on V6's and I4's and the first guy I talked to said it wouldn't fit. Sent them another e-mail a couple of months later and a different guy told me it would fit on both. Ah well, it's a really minor thing anyway. And the benefit of this one is that it has notches for the OEM sway braces, so you don't have to modify anything other than the one bracket (if it's going on a V6). It's a great option if you want an aftermarket look but don't want to shell out the cash on a one-piece design like the Neuspeed.

pattywak

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics! And looking at it, I don't think the I4's have that bracket either but I ma be wrong. Although this isn't a one piece, it looks to be better than the Megan Racing one I currently have.
Also, is this a solid bar?

Last edited:

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
I wasn't sure, so I looked up the listing on eBay. Quoted straight from the listing: "Made from the finest high grade aircraft quality solid aluminum." So I suppose its a solid bar, but its so light it might as well be hollow. It definitely sounded solid when I knocked on the bar before I installed it.

Back