NRG Flat Titanium Front Strut Bar

Artistotle

Reaction score
I wasn't sure, so I looked up the listing on eBay. Quoted straight from the listing: "Made from the finest high grade aircraft quality solid aluminum." So I suppose its a solid bar, but its so light it might as well be hollow. It definitely sounded solid when I knocked on the bar before I installed it.

If it's made of aluminum then it is obviously not made of titanium. The two are completely different materials. NRG doesn't even make titanium products as far as I know. Pretty sad that they would pull such a ricer naming tactic for one of their products.

If you want to see examples of real titanium products, look up ARC. But be prepared to spend 140 bucks just for a titanium shift knob. Strut bar would easily be in the $800-1,000 range. Yup, i'm not kidding.

Artistotle

Reaction score
i think they were talking about the color

It's still misleading advertising. If anything, its just painted a gunmetal color. it doesn't even have that rainbow finish that nrg uses on some of its "titanium style" shift knobs. They might as well have labeled it as "JDM" while they were at it.

NRG, shame on you. i know you can do better.

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
If it's made of aluminum then it is obviously not made of titanium. The two are completely different materials. NRG doesn't even make titanium products as far as I know. Pretty sad that they would pull such a ricer naming tactic for one of their products.

If you want to see examples of real titanium products, look up ARC. But be prepared to spend 140 bucks just for a titanium shift knob. Strut bar would easily be in the $800-1,000 range. Yup, i'm not kidding.

Of course they're talking about the finish. Btw, its not a "ricer naming tactic," its simply a marketing tactic to set their product apart from the rest, which obviously worked for me.

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
They might as well have said it was made of gold, I still would have bought it because after reading the description I would have known what it was actually made of.

Anyway, the point of this thread was for a product review, not a company review. As far as updates go on the bar, its been about two weeks since it was installed on my car and there have been no problems.

Artistotle

Reaction score
They might as well have said it was made of gold, I still would have bought it because after reading the description I would have known what it was actually made of.

Anyway, the point of this thread was for a product review, not a company review. As far as updates go on the bar, its been about two weeks since it was installed on my car and there have been no problems.

Perhaps you can understand the difference, but right now, titanium products are a hot topic and it's obvious NRG is trying to cash in on it. "Titanium" is not well known as a color like say, gunmetal is a color and is understood to not be any special kind of metal. NRG is not so innocent here. End of story. sorry for taking your thread off topic, it was just that seeing that put a bad taste in my mouth.

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
Perhaps you can understand the difference, but right now, titanium products are a hot topic and it's obvious NRG is trying to cash in on it. "Titanium" is not well known as a color like say, gunmetal is a color and is understood to not be any special kind of metal. NRG is not so innocent here. End of story. sorry for taking your thread off topic, it was just that seeing that put a bad taste in my mouth.

I totally understand, and I agree that they're taking advantage here. I think I may have just read what you wrote wrong. I thought you were saying that I bought the bar thinking it was made of titanium lol. :gride:

00AccordGuy

Reaction score
Im running a strut bar from a TL, since the firewall braces still fit would the whole TL Strut bar fit too? So like run both bars

Back