Fast way racer turbo kit!

cudablack2004

Reaction score
If you would have searched you would have found a handfull of the exact same threads, with the exact same responses. Someone literally posts one of these threads about once a month.

was it the same turbo kit? ebay come out with a new kit every week some have alot of items some have items missing...the main parts of a turbo kit is the 1.turbo 2. wastegate 3.BOV 4.manifold! the rest of the stuff like piping, couplings, down pipe, intercooler, clamps, dont play a major part in a kit...

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Like Drift said before, all of these China kits are the same. Low quality parts, cheaply made.

But if you've used one before, and it was great like you said, there really isn't any point to this thread. Chances are the parts for your b20 kit were made by the same manufacturer as this F kit.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
if it was REALLY...

...that cheap
...that simple
...that reliable

we'd all have turbos.

cheap, fast, reliable. pick 2.

cudablack2004

Reaction score
see ryan ima have to debate with u buddy! lol! not all of us on here want turbo cars...now lets go into the all motor threads and see if those guys dont bash us for wanting or having turbo cars...or lets tackle some nitrous threads and see if we will have a debate with them...u have some people that see any point in modifying a motor if there is nothing wrong just start up and cruise off....its like having a body kit when 90% of us on here rather have a lip kit...everyone has different experiences and opinions on parts!:beer:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i didn't mean it literally..."everyone that wants a turbo" would have one :hide:

cudablack2004

Reaction score
thats why i love this forum guys! yal give straight forward responses and serve good points...so let me ask all of u something...if i was to order this ebay...post pics of the install...and post pics of the dyno numbers and its decent...will yal give props or still bash just cuz its a ebay kit? (i am a outkast...always was and tend to prove some points wrong)

nyknick1015

Reaction score
i would give you props for taking the chance... but like i said, its hit and miss, you might have gotten a good kit but the next person who buys the same exact kit and thinks "ok well he tried it, im gonna try it too" and his kit fails or blows his motor, we are back to that 50/50

i say go for it... ive seen some ebay kits work really well on hondas... most of the bad reviews come from people who want to do more than the kit can handle like bump up the PSI more than they are recommended... as long as you know what your doing and how to do it right i say take the chance...

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
i'll say "Good for you. Now i hope something doesn't break on you and then you'd have to spend more money. My bet is it will sooner than later. Good luck."

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
my perspective is thus:

lets take speaker wire for example. all wire is the same...wire is wire. there's no "special" addons like rocks (true story) that can make wire "sound" better. i judge wire by a few different ways, and i'm one of those people who would pay a little more for quality.

my 2 main gripes with wire are when it corrodes and if the jacket is easily cut. LONGEVITY is what i'm looking for. any and every wire will allow the little sound particles to pass through them for a time. its how long that particle highway remains clear, unbroken, and unobstructed that determines the "quality" for me.

an ebay turbo will make power, sure. its a turbine with 2 propellers connected by a shaft. will it last? how long? what else will be damaged if it implodes? how many times is replacing it...one too many? 2? 4? what if it fails on the first dyno run? is it "lol oh well" or "fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu"?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i say go for it... ive seen some ebay kits work really well on hondas... most of the bad reviews come from people who want to do more than the kit can handle like bump up the PSI more than they are recommended... as long as you know what your doing and how to do it right i say take the chance...
how can a (former) friend run 42psi? how can diesels run 60psi+? psi i just a number, for the most part. the spinning at a hundred-thousand-plus RPM is what kills them.

the problem with ebay turbos is the shaft and the lack of cooling/lubrication/however you want to call it. they use cheap materials for the shafts, which break. the bearings dont have sufficient area so they heat up. not enough lube on the shaft due to the bearings so it cooks itself.

Back