What brand of torque wrench do you use?

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Snap on or get one from Advanced Autoparts. I have a snap on one and a AAP one and they are still holding up.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
how do you not like craftsman... you break it, you go to sears and get a new one for free... i always have use craftsman. I havent had the need to get it replaced alot but i did once for breaking the torque mechanism on a socket set

Because craftsman are knuckle busters...as soon as you bust the bolt loose you bust your hand on whats next to the bolt..On others like snap on and matco they break loose then stop..so no cussing and bruised knuckles..ha

but i do have craftsman at the house..but snap on n matco in my box at work.

BoyBlue

Reaction score
I avoid busting my knuckles by pushing on the wrench with my open palm and not wrapping my fist around it, but everybody has there own method.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
well craftsman does have larger/longer sockets but u gotta buy them individually, not with a kit

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
how do you not like craftsman... you break it, you go to sears and get a new one for free... i always have use craftsman. I havent had the need to get it replaced alot but i did once for breaking the torque mechanism on a socket set

craftsman torque wrenches are not covered by their lifetime warranty. They come with only 1 year warranty. Even the craftsman floor jacks only has 1 year warranty.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
I've got an advanced auto one at my house but I wouldn't trust it to handle everyday use in a shop. if your only going to use it occasionally then you should be fine.

Back