What kind of shift knob you use? 5/6speed

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I use a weighted Greddy Knob. I like it because it is small but really heavy. I have a cut shifter so the weight really helps. I do want the anodized black PSPEC though because black is sexy IMO.

98acclude

Reaction score
I rock the oem one with the little tabs cut off cause I cut my shifter 2 in n I have a password jdm ctr/itr knock off shift boot. :p it works for me

6/10

feels good, looks good, doesnt get really cold in winter or hot in the summer.
It's just not anything special and it not weighted.. lol so shifting isnt as smooth as it could be

CHID0

Reaction score
When i swapped i used a crappy pep boys 3 allen screw knob. Liked it cause it was simple and not cheesy looking. Needed one like that cause the donor car i got my shifter from had the thread hacked off.
Then i got the pspec short shifter and picked up a Blox 490g knob. Nice and heavy love it. Doesn't have the 5/6 speed gear label, but i like it like that. Cleaner look.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
^ i was looking at the Neo-chrome ones..looked sweek and 40grams heavier than my skunk2..ha
Kind of a dumb question,but does anybody use the locking nut that comes with the shift knob? I got my skunk2 last week and my pspec tuesday,and I wasnt going to use the locking nut..but should I?

Last edited:

finch13

Reaction score
Acura RSX Type-S knob
- brushed aluminum
- $34 @ handa-accesories.com
- Honda factory goodness
- ~100g, fairly light

PSPEC OG knob
- black anodized aluminum?
- black doesn't wear off, it oxidizeds or something and appears lighter... very odd. I tried polishing it out to no avail.
- ~100g

I've used the Skunk2 knob, nice and heavy, solid shifting.

The black wears off pretty quick, just thought I'd throw that out there.

x2

^ i was looking at the Neo-chrome ones..looked sweek and 40grams heavier than my skunk2..ha
Kind of a dumb question,but does anybody use the locking nut that comes with the shift knob? I got my skunk2 last week and my pspec tuesday,and I wasnt going to use the locking nut..but should I?

Yes, otherwise the knob will spin off or not line the numbers up correctly.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
how does that work when using the pspec shift colar? will it be visible?

finch13

Reaction score
Most shift knob nuts have a nice finish on them... I don't notice it and it fits nicely with the pspec collar. Do you need a picture?

Back