ScanGaugeII

RedAccord02

Reaction score
Price- $159 for scangaugeII and $20 for extra ob2 cable
From- Amazon.com
Rating-9/10

Hey Guys i recently purchased a ScangaugeII here are my thoughts on it. So far i love its a great lil product. It brings the Scangauge,a 6ft cable to hook up to the ob2 computer and 2 velcro sticky tape. I bought two cables since the one in my accord is gonna be permanent. Installation was a breeze its basically plug and play. I didn't have to take anything apart in the car i just used some electrical tape to hide the wires under the dash. To set up is also very easy just put in your engine size and engine type diesel/gas/hybrid/ and units of measurement liters or gallons the ScangaugeII does the rest. Also gives u the option of calibrating it if your Speedometer is off due to larger wheels or something. Lets you calibrate your tank too if you did over or less miles then what it stated you can put a +/- % value. Some features..

Can use as a scan tool...

Reads Trouble Codes
» Reads conditions that set the Trouble Code
» Clears Trouble Codes
»

Turns off "Check Engine" light
» Tells you when vehicle is "Ready" to pass OBDII testing
» Make and store up to 10 rewritable special codes
to send to the vehicle computer

You can use 4 different type of gauges while you drive here's a list of them...

» Fuel Economy
» Fuel Rate
» Battery Voltage
» Coolant Temperature
» Intake Air Temperature
» Engine Speed (RPM)
» Vehicle speed (MPH and KM/H)
» Manifold Pressure
(not available on some vehicles)
» Engine Load
» Throttle Position
» Ignition Timing
» Open/Closed Loop

Has a trip computer that automatically tracks and saves up to 4 trips...

» Maximum Speed
» Average Speed
» Maximum Coolant Temperature
» Maximum RPM
» Driving Time
» Driving Distance
» Fuel Used
» Trip Fuel Economy
» Distance to Empty
» Time to Empty
» Fuel to Empty

Thats copied off the site make my review a little easier and more detailed. Ive managed to get my mpg from 21 average to 27 my last tank so it does help with your driving habits Ive also noticed i get better mpg going 42 opposed to 38 just small details that can help you save gas. The scan tool is also a feature that pays for itself. I manged to clear my dads check engine light in his car and pull the code up. It wont tell you what the code means but you can just Google it. Keep in mind your check engine light will return if the problem isn't fixed. Has 7 Colors and a custom setting that can give you 63. So does anyone out there in 6th gen land have this lil gizmo ? if so chime in. If anyone's interested i can do a DIY

geo005.jpg

geo002.jpg

scangauge004.jpg

scangauge002.jpg

geo008.jpg

geo007.jpg

geo006.jpg

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Do you leave it there while you're driving then? Or do you take it out?

Which port did you plug it into? There is only one under the dash that is switched, but it's already occupied by my radar detector.

Pretty cool stuff. I wouldn't mind having something like this, if nothing else to tinker around with. How much did you pay for it, if you don't mind me asking.

Nismode

Reaction score
Do you leave it there while you're driving then? Or do you take it out?

Which port did you plug it into? There is only one under the dash that is switched, but it's already occupied by my radar detector.

Pretty cool stuff. I wouldn't mind having something like this, if nothing else to tinker around with. How much did you pay for it, if you don't mind me asking.
The OBD port I'm pretty sure.

RedAccord02

Reaction score
159 on amazon. No other power sources just the ob2 connection. the cable has a ob2 connection and the scangaugeII has a Ethernet input. I leave it plugged in but u can easily remove it and use it to scan another car or try it out on the wife's car etc. They also have other gauges you can add like hp and a transmission temperature gauge but i dont think the transmission temperature works in our cars since the car itself needs to have these sensors already installed =( unless im mistaken. Ill take some night pics of it with the color variations

Last edited:

dorkiedoode

Reaction score
nice been looking forward to purchasing one for a while now. just waiting for real time data to computer lol. sgiii!!!! haha maybe in a few years.

russiansohcf23

Reaction score
Nice purchase, I've been wanting one soo bad. I love the features it has on it and its well worth the 150 bucks. Ill probably be getting one soon to see how much exactly i can get out of a tank.

RedAccord02

Reaction score
Yea my wife was sayin there you go spending your money on some other nonsense but i feel like my money has been well spent. In the long run it should pay itself off. kinda liking the trip fuel cost. It cost me $1.67 to get home from work. 27.4 mpg averaged lol ive gotten 30.2mpg getting home b4 but today i was just anxious to get home n enjoy my weekend.

HomerJay

Reaction score
wow i wish i would have picked that up instead of my obd scanner ...
You and me both!...I like that it is well suited to staying connected. I had a flashing check engine light recently (came on and went off; no code recorded) so now I find myself driving with my big, inconvenient OBD scanner sitting in the passenger's seat in case it comes on again. I'd rather be driving around with this, that's for sure!

Back