f23a4/h23 non vtec head

AFAccord

Reaction score
Considering your budget and experience, you won't get 200+ hp out of an N/A setup that's also suitable for boost down the road. The non-VTEC H23 head isn't going to be of any real benefit over the F23 head unless you fit some high compression pistons in there.

You're better off just saving for a modest turbo setup on the engine you already have.

dominicankiddo4

Reaction score
Hey deemedhopless. I am doing a G23 build myself. Just like you I done research. My research has been going on for 3 years. (on and off ofcourse haha). But yeah I am doing the f23a4 with the h23 (non-vtec). The only difference between your build and mine is that I am keeping the crompression low. The reason in doing so is because I am boosting the two motors.

Cant find this exact build anywhere... i wanted to do the h22 head swap but cant afford the 500$ price tag... so i was wondering if i bought the dohc non vtec h23 (80$) and built it then had the block built, bored to 87mm or whatever the k20 type s pistons are, forged rods bearings (new crank?) Ect... i could get a a bit over 200-220?bhp? And it would be ready for boost later... so questions.
1. FML... ECU???? What do i need???
2. Is the h23 non vtec any good period?
3. To fit the h series heads on the f blocks i read you have to block of oil return ports in the head, true? Which ones?
More questions sure to follow...
THANKS

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Follow the regular G23 build, go boost, it'll work out better for you. Stock rods and crank will work just fine. You could throw some cams in later down the road

xci.ed6

Reaction score
1. FML... ECU???? What do i need???
2. Is the h23 non vtec any good period?
3. To fit the h series heads on the f blocks i read you have to block of oil return ports in the head, true? Which ones?
More questions sure to follow...
THANKS

are you asking this?

1: no ecu req'd

2: sure...it's more like an F22-DOHC

3: idk, post headgasket scans

oh, and don't call it a 'G22', it's missing a cylinder to be a G-series, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_G_engine
they kept the engine letter the same for block, eg: D16-A1 (Integra, DOHC), D16-A6 (Civic/CRX Ex/Si, SOHC)
They changed the letter, for massive block changes, eg: F22, H22, where FRM saw a trial period

So your best option, is F22-H

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
lol...
1549392_10100624588562029_7625440376653184186_n.jpg

My shirt, I made. 'One cam...one Love.' Uses D15B2 pic from FSM...

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
really?

IMO, the h-block is a way to make an F suck. FRM worked great, it really did, when near stock.

Back