Help me out with your thoughts

mo.v6accord

Reaction score
If you knew it was weak why would you supercharge it in the first place without having a proper swap in line?

NotoriousYogi

Reaction score
I threw a supercharger on the old transmission. I had to get the car fixed in a hurry so my only option was the same POS transmission locally (at the time this car was my only DD).

I just want to be honest here. My city is full of domestic cars and the people here HATE and I mean HATE Honda (I have been to other cities and I promise you that El Paso sucks when it comes to "Import Discrimination". I want to finally be able to shut them up and show them what Imports are capable of.

Speaking of this because I know it will eventually come up, I will swap my 20 inch Chrome Rims for something lighter (if you have suggestions let them me heard) and I will be pulling out my 350lb system from the car very soon.

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
hey guys, don't bring him down...

do ur search wisely, there are a few who have supercharged j30 here...

and u can swap 6spd tranny from 7thgen accords or cl-s or 3rdgen tl

just search some more, you'll find it easy enough to find, if you look

and 400 with ur car is achievable... not cheap... but achievable

NotoriousYogi

Reaction score
I won't be brought down. I hear it way too often. I also know J series engines are not the best in building power off of even supercharged but in reality, I don't have the funds to build another car or even another engine (at least I don't think so). All I'm looking for right now is something to be able to play with V8 Mustangs or better.

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
.... but in reality, I don't have the funds to build another car or even another engine (at least I don't think so). All I'm looking for right now is something to be able to play with V8 Mustangs or better.

I'm sorry, If you don't have funds to build an engine, how are you going to achive your desired HP with that J30A1.

Scrap that J30A1, it is not a good platform to start from. Low compression, and heads that won't flow for crap. The ports and valves are way too small. You will need a J32A2 at a minimum.

v6indodarknight is correct: acheivable but DAMN expensive.

On average, a Naturally Aspirated J35 build is about 5k. Naturally Aspirated J36 stroker build, about 7k. Add in NVA-AV6's MP92 Supercharger setup with water intercooler, that is another 3-4k.

Your going to need to toss that 4 speed auto and get a 04-06 TL-s 6 speed manual in there with a good clutch that will cost around 2-3k when it's said and done. That TL-s tranny has an LSD already in there. You can add one into the Accord 6 speed manual at a cost of about 1k for the LSD itself.

Also, you would need 93 octane at a MINIMUM to run that setup -- N/A or S/C.

We are already at about 15k and that would probably yield your 400HP. We still need a tuning solution, custom axles to withstand that high amount of HP, and probably some other lil stuff..... DAMN expensive to reach 400HP.

I'm telling you yes, it can be done, but it is going to cost you alot my friend.

Check this thread out....
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/6g-performance-discussion/207699-j32a2-swap-turbo-build-progress-3.html

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Given your intentions, the best thing I can recommend to you is save your money and buy a better platform to mod. Do you have any idea of the custom work involved with converting a car like this to RWD or AWD? Not trying to be smart, and I'm not saying it can't be done...but you need really deep pockets and access to amazing resources to put that together correctly. I just don't see it.

If you're set on sticking with the Accord, go ahead and relinquish the idea of hanging with RWD pony cars...at least on the strip. It's a lot more than RWD and high power that make those cars fast. The difference in driver assists between newer cars and yours is huge. If it's a road course you have a better chance with a crazy build, but even then it would be extremely difficult. That is the nature of FWD, which btw isn't so great at handling more than roughly 350hp from what I've read. Another issue here is you want to race a car against others that are in a completely different class...

So to get your car going in the direction you want...1st piece of advice is get rid of the J30. It's a tank and will last forever but it's not worth building, by the time you do you could have just gotten a 3.2 or 3.5 which is a better platform to begin with, and you will be able to take the latter motors to far higher levels than the 3.0. With the power you want, I would recommend a race transmission with custom ratios built for whatever events you plan on running in. If that is out of the question, you could settle for a CL-S or 3G TL 6MT and a damn good clutch kit.

Again not trying to be a downer, but I have just seen too many of these threads with people that have no idea what they are getting into...and then they give up. If you have the money and ambition, more power to you.

I hope to "show up" all these people you're saying live there...that you are taking it to the track.

Last edited:

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for someone who has money to spend and will throw the SH-AWD from the TL/RL/MDX into these 6-7-8th gen Accord.

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm new to the 6th gen forums but this is exactly where I need to be. I am a J30, auto, supercharged. I'm looking at doing some massive power gains to my car and want to know what you guys think.

I want to sleeve, stronger pistons/rods, transmission swap to manual. I also want to push 400-500whp. Also, let me know if you think I should swap heads. The only gas I have in my area unfortunately is 91 octane. Let me know what you think. I want to be able to play with big V8 mustangs, chargers, cameros, etc.

:coffee:

So you're already supercharged with the J30? If im correct your supercharger won't fit the J32 if you decide to swap.

You're best luck is to get a 6 speed transmission. I don't know if you'll be able to make 400-500whp with a supercharged J30 though.

Best Bet is the J35a3.

Yup, only this what they call "supreme grade" gas which is 91. :boohoo:

My engine is stock internals and only boosting at 6 psi. I want to boost minimal 15 psi but I want to build the engine first. Where should I start?
Is sleeve and boring the engine the same?
Will a J32 head fit and if so what should I use as far as pistons and rods?

Ok, i hope u know how much your getting into. also ditch the J30a1 if you have any dreams for power. If you don't know the difference between boring and sleeving.....your not ready for power.

search pls

also, who wants a 400-500 whp FWD automatic accord? massive wheel hop and your auto tranny can't even properly put down the power to the ground

aim for a more reasonable power goal and just make your car a more fun car to drive in general

False, 400-500 is more then reasonable if you know how to drive it.

In the end I plan on going insane and fabricate a RWD or AWD. This is why I want to switch transmissions because I know the auto transmission is weak (this is my second one). I'm only going to run 6psi max until I have a better transmission.

Believe it when i see it

I'll just say it now. It sounds like you must have pretty substantial funds. Cl-s or tl-s 6 speed swap. Search it. After that have major motor work done and while your at it you might as well have that 400hp to 500 hp out to the rear wheels with a custom set up.

He must have at least 25k to accomplish.

I threw a supercharger on the old transmission. I had to get the car fixed in a hurry so my only option was the same POS transmission locally (at the time this car was my only DD).

I just want to be honest here. My city is full of domestic cars and the people here HATE and I mean HATE Honda (I have been to other cities and I promise you that El Paso sucks when it comes to "Import Discrimination". I want to finally be able to shut them up and show them what Imports are capable of.

Speaking of this because I know it will eventually come up, I will swap my 20 inch Chrome Rims for something lighter (if you have suggestions let them me heard) and I will be pulling out my 350lb system from the car very soon.

Yea, loose all of the chrome and audio, gut your car completely, cut the doors, take out the dash, remove and excess weight that the car doesn't need to drive. Thats ur only shot, You can get it down to about 23-2400 like that.

not cheap at all unless u use nitrous but not worth the nitrous on the most restrictive heads i can think off.

I won't be brought down. I hear it way too often. I also know J series engines are not the best in building power off of even supercharged but in reality, I don't have the funds to build another car or even another engine (at least I don't think so). All I'm looking for right now is something to be able to play with V8 Mustangs or better.

If you want something to play with the mustangs, get a mustang if your on a budget, if you want something that will play with them while being expensive, build ur accord. The J series engines are AWESOME at gaining power. They like boost more then the LS motors. Stock block I'm trying to hit 800whp.

I'm sorry, If you don't have funds to build an engine, how are you going to achive your desired HP with that J30A1.

Scrap that J30A1, it is not a good platform to start from. Low compression, and heads that won't flow for crap. The ports and valves are way too small. You will need a J32A2 at a minimum.

On average, a Naturally Aspirated J35 build is about 5k. Naturally Aspirated J36 stroker build, about 7k. Add in NVA-AV6's MP92 Supercharger setup with water intercooler, that is another 3-4k.

Your going to need to toss that 4 speed auto and get a 04-06 TL-s 6 speed manual in there with a good clutch that will cost around 2-3k when it's said and done. That TL-s tranny has an LSD already in there. You can add one into the Accord 6 speed manual at a cost of about 1k for the LSD itself.

We are already at about 15k and that would probably yield your 400HP. We still need a tuning solution, custom axles to withstand that high amount of HP, and probably some other lil stuff..... DAMN expensive to reach 400HP.

I'm telling you yes, it can be done, but it is going to cost you alot my friend.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/6g-performance-discussion/207699-j32a2-swap-turbo-build-progress-3.html

Listen to wheelman. He knows his stuff. Also if your going for 400 junk the sc and do a turbo. Superchargers are ehhhh to me, and garbage on hondas if I may say.

Given your intentions, the best thing I can recommend to you is save your money and buy a better platform to mod. Do you have any idea of the custom work involved with converting a car like this to RWD or AWD? Not trying to be smart, and I'm not saying it can't be done...but you need really deep pockets and access to amazing resources to put that together correctly. I just don't see it.

If you're set on sticking with the Accord, go ahead and relinquish the idea of hanging with RWD pony cars...at least on the strip. It's a lot more than RWD and high power that make those cars fast. The difference in driver assists between newer cars and yours is huge. If it's a road course you have a better chance with a crazy build, but even then it would be extremely difficult. That is the nature of FWD, which btw isn't so great at handling more than roughly 350hp from what I've read. Another issue here is you want to race a car against others that are in a completely different class...

So to get your car going in the direction you want...1st piece of advice is get rid of the J30. It's a tank and will last forever but it's not worth building, by the time you do you could have just gotten a 3.2 or 3.5 which is a better platform to begin with, and you will be able to take the latter motors to far higher levels than the 3.0. With the power you want, I would recommend a race transmission with custom ratios built for whatever events you plan on running in. If that is out of the question, you could settle for a CL-S or 3G TL 6MT and a damn good clutch kit.

Again not trying to be a downer, but I have just seen too many of these threads with people that have no idea what they are getting into...and then they give up. If you have the money and ambition, more power to you.

I hope to "show up" all these people you're saying live there...that you are taking it to the track.

J35a3, full bolt ons, 200 shot, get the correct tuning for the shot. your over 500lbs and high 400s in hp. Your welcome. Our trannys are good to I've seen about 1200whp. I have 0 need to upgrade it. The axles are fine too as long as your at stock height, get them cryo treated if you really need it (pushing over 550whp). Most people on this forum have been hearing the same thing for years now with these swaps. Talk to the guys at J32a or the J-Swapped group on fb. They're the ones with the 700+hp bone stock J32s, bone stock axles, bone stock transmission, ect.

Last edited:

Halabeaster54

Reaction score

his supercharger will most likely fit the j32 with just a different intake inlet

or better yet he can keep the J30 intake inlet if he swaps to a J37 manifold. The J37 manis tb is in about the same exact position of the J30s. Best off all the worlds, best flowing mani, best looking, and hood clearance (no need to mod the mounts, space the hood, or lower the subframe).

Back