Why to go with OEM Emblems!

-bl-

Reaction score
Just wanted to post a thread to warn people who might be tempted to change their Honda H emblems on their car to red/blue/yellow/white or whatever colours.

If your going to change them then i would highly recommend buying OEM the first time. It is pricy as in they usually cost about $30-50 each but its well worth it.

I originally was naive and decided i wanted to put white emblems on my car (which i do like) however i bought cheapy $10 knock-off emblems, they look decent to start with, but eventually you can tell how bad they are, their seals are all bad and begin to allow water to leak in which not only makes the emblem look like it has water inside it, but it also dulls the colour.

Another part is the chrome trim will begin to corrode and this causes it to be very ugly.

If you buy OEM emblems you will not regret it =)

Here is a comparison:

On the left is my OEM S2000 white honda emblem, on the right is my cheapy white emblem...
mycarsummer20114.jpg

06282011245.jpg

cjsaccord

Reaction score
Thats very true. I had a red ebay emblem on my old car and it turned out exactly the same as yours did, and faded pink also within a couple of months. Oem is well worth it!!

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
People love to complain about the price of OEM parts, but most of the time they’re worth it.

Looks good bl.

-bl-

Reaction score
Thats very true. I had a red ebay emblem on my old car and it turned out exactly the same as yours did, and faded pink also within a couple of months. Oem is well worth it!!
Yeah for sure, i've seen a hand full of people who buy the knock-off red ones and they never last long.
People love to complain about the price of OEM parts, but most of the time they’re worth it.

Looks good bl.
Yup OEM is worth it, and thanks!
oem ftw =D
=D

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
just out of curiosity how can you identify the fakes from the real deal, kinda hard to do online when sellers just post a picture, which could or could not be the real thing.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
From the OP's pic, it seems the fake has a more raised 'H' and the trim also sits a little higher.

Look at the difference in shape of the 'H' as well.

-bl-

Reaction score
just out of curiosity how can you identify the fakes from the real deal, kinda hard to do online when sellers just post a picture, which could or could not be the real thing.

Yeah your right, you can't tell 100% whether just a picture is the real deal or not, but lots of the time people will post the part number and packaging with it, therefore if you ever plan on buying one what i would recommend is to copy the part number and then simply go to honda and ask them to order it for you, thats what i did.

But yeah i would have to say the biggest flaw in the fake ones is:

a) the trim is fatter
b) the H is fatter as well
c) if you ever accidentally ordered a fake, then you can generally tell if its fake after a good week or 2 as they wear very fast... My s2000 ones i've had for over a year now and they still look new, thats the quality difference.

Last edited:
Back