Finally fixing up the exterior...

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So..the outside of my car is absolute crap. Dings, dents, scrapes, oxidzing/flaking clear coat, you name it, its on my car. The plan is to buy some dress up parts and the new OEM parts I need to get it back in decent condition by next summer.

Paint - Black Currant total repaint or 2 tone it - Black from bottom of windows up, Black Currant below that w/ a small pin stripe. Still undecided.

'02 Coupe Front OEM Bumper - ABSAutoSupply.com - got
'98 Coupe Rear OEM Bumper - ABSAutoSupply.com - got
'02 Coupe Fogs - Handa-Accessories.com
Black Powder Coated Hoodpins - Hoodpins.com

Last edited:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
i dun really like the 2-tone look, but whatever rocks ur boat :) maybe do blackcurrant with some sort of tint? btw, u didn't list down a front lip

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I plan on 35% tint. Still undecided on a front lip b/c of the '02 bumper, had a mugen once, it looked good but sat too low. I sorta want a CF one.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
^^lol.. i didn't mean window tint... i meant the paint tint... kinda like a 2nd layer of paint, so tht ur paintjob will look difference (different colors) from different angles.... not chameleon tho

dynasty

Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:
I plan on 35% tint. Still undecided on a front lip b/c of the '02 bumper, had a mugen once, it looked good but sat too low. I sorta want a CF one.

think about it again. CF lip? what if you accidentally hit a pothole? :eek:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
DarkSideAccord said:
^^lol.. i didn't mean window tint... i meant the paint tint... kinda like a 2nd layer of paint, so tht ur paintjob will look difference (different colors) from different angles.... not chameleon tho

The OEM paint already sorta changes colors from bright purple, to darker, to almost black.

As far as the lip, it'll be fine.

cdubb77

Reaction score
Just repaint your car the same color and get a carbon fiber mugen lip, CF hood and CF eyelids. That'll look pimp. ;)

Oh yeah............ 20% tint FTW!

Crono139

Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:
I need to get it back in decent condition by next summer.
*cough* Carlisle *cough*

Eyelids just don't look right to me on darker cars, so good job with deciding not to get them.

Back