07 civic si wheels : / pixxx pg 2

scrapnav6

Reaction score
I searched for awhile and found nothing on the topic. I recently bought some 07' civic si wheels, 17"x7" +45? I've seen this setup on a few accords, cant remember any names but it was always coupes, I drive a sedan. When I was putting them on the rear went on fine but the front was touching the caliper so much that I only had one on the front and the car wouldn't budge unless I punched it(which I didnt). so needless to say I took them off and put my bullshyt v6 wheels on. as an alternative to buying spacers just for the front a friend of mine said that they make washers for each stud to space out the wheels a little i guess. I put one 1/8" washer on each stud and it wasnt enough to clear the caliper though. so I was wondering if it is a good idea to add another to make it 1/4" spaced out all around? or get a slip on spacer from pep boys that is 1/4". I was also wondering if anyone else has ever run into this problem before b/c I could have swore they would fit right up. Also I was wondering if I got those 1/4" spacers if I would need extended studs or not?

thanks for reading this and cant wait to hear anyone's input.

Last edited:

001Stunna

Reaction score
Re: 07 civic si wheels : /

I thought i would run in this issue when i bought ITR wheels that are 15X6 @50 offset and one thing i'd recommend is that if getting spacers (depending on the size you're getting), get the ones that are hub-centric so your studs/lugs are not holding up the weight after but the center bore of the spacer(that rests on the cars center bore) is.

Mikey

Reaction score

Speaking from experience with ITRs on 4x114.3 bolt pattern;
A) You WILL need spacers unless you wanna go shaving your vital brake components.
B) You'll need at least a 5mm spacer.
C) You'll need extended studs.

I had 1/4" spacers on and I ended up stripping out the OEM lugs cuz they werent grabbing enough stud.

As for the Si wheels, i dont see why coupes would have a different setup than the sedans. If they'll fit coupes, they'll fit sedans. If they didnt fit then people know something they dont wanna tell you. Happens alot, ive found. The really important vital ****, people "forget" to tell you.

And if you need extended studs, so be it. Just gives you an excuse to get extended lugs in a cool color. On that subject, be sure theyre ball-seated lugs and not conical or "acorn" style.

jgilley

Reaction score

Just my 2 cents here, I had the same problem. I run the wheels without spacers and I have had zero problems. I took a grinder to the wheel spokes and the part of the caliper that touched. Honestly ground about 2 mm off of each. Very very little shaving was required

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

^ I am no pro on wheel fitment, but I'm sure that shaving off 1 mm or so just off the single contact area wouldn't be a problem at all. It's like taking sandpaper, sanding, and saying that it would undermine the integrity of a solid piece of iron. I say go for it if the clearance which you require is absolutely miniscule/minimal.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score

it seems you missed the posts listing your options, so here they are again:

Speaking from experience with ITRs on 4x114.3 bolt pattern;
A) You WILL need spacers unless you wanna go shaving your vital brake components.
B) You'll need at least a 5mm spacer.
C) You'll need extended studs.

I had 1/4" spacers on and I ended up stripping out the OEM lugs cuz they werent grabbing enough stud.

As for the Si wheels, i dont see why coupes would have a different setup than the sedans. If they'll fit coupes, they'll fit sedans. If they didnt fit then people know something they dont wanna tell you. Happens alot, ive found. The really important vital ****, people "forget" to tell you.

And if you need extended studs, so be it. Just gives you an excuse to get extended lugs in a cool color. On that subject, be sure theyre ball-seated lugs and not conical or "acorn" style.

Just my 2 cents here, I had the same problem. I run the wheels without spacers and I have had zero problems. I took a grinder to the wheel spokes and the part of the caliper that touched. Honestly ground about 2 mm off of each. Very very little shaving was required

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk
if you dont want to space, you have to grind.

if you dont want to grind, you have to space.

if you dont want to do either, you have the wrong rims.

and for good measure, notice the search string at the end http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27446&highlight=civic+wheels

scrapnav6

Reaction score

thanks everyone. i dont think im going to be doing any grinding on the caliper for obvious reasons. i think im just going to go to pep boys and get a 1/4" spacer for the front wheels to see what the fitment is like. and if i am going to need extended lugs or not. i understand that pep boys probably dosnt make the most quality products but i figure its just a solid piece of metal so im sure the quality will be ok for temporary use. will post some pics later today after i get the spacers on.

thanks again

scrapnav6

Reaction score

here are some pictures of the 5/16" spacers(missing 2 studs on one side)
IMG_1415.jpg

IMG_1416.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

on the car
IMG_1422.jpg

IMG_1423.jpg

front
IMG_1420.jpg

better pics tomorrow after i wash her

Back