hello all

01SilverAccord

Reaction score
Hi,
Just register to the site and want to say hi to everybody.
I have an 01 Silver Accord Sedan V6 bone stock without any mods.
Bought it brand new in 2001, very reliable car. I did all the maintenance myself, mobil 1 oil since day 1, occasionally 93 octane gas but majority regular.
Just replaced both rear calipers, those guys finally gave up after 13 years.
:favorites13:

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Welcome to 6GA. Make yourself at home.

That's pretty impressive for being an original owner since day one in '01 to this date.

But you've been missing out a lot at here! Time for you to catch up!

Happy modding. ;)

01SilverAccord

Reaction score
Thanks.
I really like the car about the fact that it's easy to do maintenance even though there were a few things honda could have done to improve it. IE, sun roof leaks and can't find the root cause, paint on body is great but on the hood isn't so. The hood faded so fast but the roof maintains the color nicely. Brake, brake and brake. I went through brake pads and rotors quite fast even i don't have lead foot and digital numbers on speedometer intermittent went out, i believe this is a common problem for accord. Overall, good car and maintenance doesn't cost me an arm and leg like german cars.:angels25::angels25:

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
Congrats on the 2001. That is a good model year.

I bought my 01 Silver Coupe back in 2003 and she is still going strong with a drivetrain swap, and most recently a complete brake replacement and some suspension components. Been modding it ever since...still modding as a hobby to this day.

Most of us go with aftermarket replacement rotors because Honda OEM are a lil cheap and can warp fast. I replaced mine with Centric Rotors recently. Before that I had Brembo slotted. Kinda pricey but they were great. No warpage at all.

The cluster number readout is common issue for their age. The circuit board cracks and needs to be re-soldered -- check Youtube for a fix it vid. Mine is doing it too.

Last edited:

01SilverAccord

Reaction score
Congrats on the 2001. That is a good model year.

I bought my 01 Silver Coupe back in 2003 and she is still going strong with a drivetrain swap, and most recently a complete brake replacement and some suspension components. Been modding it ever since...still modding as a hobby to this day.

Most of us go with aftermarket replacement rotors because Honda OEM are a lil cheap and can warp fast. I replaced mine with Centric Rotors recently. Before that I had Brembo slotted. Kinda pricey but they were great. No warpage at all.

The cluster number readout is common issue for their age. The circuit board cracks and needs to be re-soldered -- check Youtube for a fix it vid. Mine is doing it too.

I bought rotors from Advance Auto parts with 2 years warranty and they're happy to swap them for me within the 2 years interval..I'm happy so far.:)

01SilverAccord

Reaction score
Thanks. My exhaust gasket is gone and the car sounds like fart can. I'm looking to upgrade to full exhaust system. This is will be the 1st mod ever.:love::love:

Back