What'd you do to your accord today?

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
My starter solenoid wasn't getting a 12 volt signal from the ignition. The damn terrible thing went out again after a year. The ignition relay in the fuse/relay box was clicking. But I had no voltage from the block to the solenoid.

So I said *** it I'll bypass it all together. Went to advanced auto parts and got a 20 amp on:eek:ff switch and a push button starter switch.

Got power from the main alternator fuse to the on/off switch then series it to the push button start. Off the other side of the push button start I routed it to the starter solenoid contact.

Put the key in and turn forward. Flip the switch on. Press the push button start. BAM the engine roars to life. Then flip the switch off to cut power to the push button start. Took a couple hours and a few beers. I was not rushing things. Routing my wires cleanly and zip tying everything nice and neat.

Connie

Reaction score
My starter solenoid wasn't getting a 12 volt signal from the ignition. The damn terrible thing went out again after a year. The ignition relay in the fuse/relay box was clicking. But I had no voltage from the block to the solenoid.

So I said *** it I'll bypass it all together. Went to advanced auto parts and got a 20 amp on:eek:ff switch and a push button starter switch.

Got power from the main alternator fuse to the on/off switch then series it to the push button start. Off the other side of the push button start I routed it to the starter solenoid contact.

Put the key in and turn forward. Flip the switch on. Press the push button start. BAM the engine roars to life. Then flip the switch off to cut power to the push button start. Took a couple hours and a few beers. I was not rushing things. Routing my wires cleanly and zip tying everything nice and neat.

I did this exact thing to my girlfriend's mom's Lancer a few months ago because the module wouldn't send power to the starter.

It's pretty ghetto, but it's a year later and it still works fine, and nobody had to spend hundreds of dollars on a module.

A friend in high school did it with his old B2000 pickup, except he used a "PLAY" button from an old Betamax player.

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Mine is not ghetto at all. Switch and button is kinda hidden below the dash. Looks clean IMO. Cost a lot less and is cooler than replacing the ignition

capsidx

Reaction score
Added tl carpet and muffler tip
9ec55d5392e5622ea589c05b5f2b5c48.jpg
2d051a22cc08c9d310e17b12d9083eaa.jpg
c985f6ad42db1fd240244e70f376c81b.jpg
791bbbea237f5d3034daff4ad4084b00.jpg
1f3e3520d0eda81e10a2996cb3742b06.jpg

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Accordx

Reaction score
Replaced my driver's side door lock actuator (coupe). Only took 2 hours, most of the struggle is with taking out/putting in screws that you can't really see. Half tempted to order a new one for the passenger side for when that one stops working.

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
Had my clutch finally go out. Just replaced my clutch, flywheel, throw out bearing, the crank seal, and both drive axle seals, and replaced my pass. Inner cv boot. Still need to do my driver side inner boot and found my front motor mount is torn. Luckly my labor was free and all my honda oem parts are very much discounted. Would not recommend this without a lift, pulling the subframe would be a pain. Its crazy how much torque was lost with the clutch slipping, car feels so much faster. I have tons of pics if anyone wants me to post them. Also if you attempt this use the diy guide on here 100% will walk you through it if you have never done a clutch.

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
installed a new Denso radiator I got from rock auto along with a 170*F thermostat and new thermostat gasket and water outlet gasket. New upper and lower radiator hoses.

Drain and filled the coolant. I didnt drain the block. Figured its ok. Put new coolant in the radiator and put a big funnel on the cap and got the air bubbles out.

Temp is holding steady a bit below middle and the fans work as they should. All is well. This radiator should last another 20 years hopefully.

ltj9296

Reaction score
I changed the neutral safety switch today. I have had a couple of p0705 codes recently and hope this fixes it. Next up is rotors and brake pads this weekend.

Accordx

Reaction score
Replaced a missing center cap on one of my wheels and threw on my new type r style front lip. Gonna repaint my rear emblem and I'm waiting on my windshield banner so hopefully I get those done before the NWAM on Sunday. Hopefully I'll get some nice Accord pics to post to the forum there

Back