BamaVTEC's 2000 LX coupe (56k)

BamaVTEC

Reaction score
Re: BamaVTEC's 2000 LX coupe 5 speed *56k* NEW PICS

Recently sold off my stock wheels and tires, so pretty soon I'll have enough to get my F&F Type 1s. I'm thinking about a 2" drop, I just want a mean, lowered look to it while keeping the functionality. Any thoughts or advice are welcomed.

Akingkhan

Reaction score

Your going to wanna go lower then 2"
I'm almost 6" lower then stock :pedobear:

BamaVTEC

Reaction score

Well I'm gonna stick with going 2" for now because I have 225/45/17 tires, and I wanna set the car at a funtionable height without it scrubbing the tires. Eventually I want a lower profile tire, maybe I'll go lower then. And this is my first time doing a modification like this so I'm just gonna wait and see what it looks like first.

Last edited:

kn0x47

Reaction score

have fun. and yeah you'll end up going lower

...was that you that took a photo of my car at the shell station a while back?

BamaVTEC

Reaction score

Haha, yet it was man. It was my first time seeing another modified 6th gen around so I knew I had to get some pics because it's ridiculously clean. I noticed the 6GA.com sticker in your window and decided to look you up on here. I saw some pics of it before on Tumblr and fell in love, been an inspiration for my car.

Last edited:

agginline86

Reaction score
Re: BamaVTEC's 2000 LX coupe (Update: 7/21/13)

Removed the Type-R lip, planning on getting an OEM lip from Bayson R in the next few weeks. I'm open to any suggestions on what to do next!

1. lower
2. paint match your lip

kn0x47

Reaction score

Haha, yet it was man. It was my first time seeing another modified 6th gen around so I knew I had to get some pics because it's ridiculously clean. I noticed the 6GA.com sticker in your window and decided to look you up on here. I saw some pics of it before on Tumblr and fell in love, been an inspiration for my car.

let me know if u need help with anything. i dont live far from the shell station i was at

Akingkhan

Reaction score

Well I'm gonna stick with going 2" for now because I have 225/45/17 tires, and I wanna set the car at a funtionable height without it scrubbing the tires. Eventually I want a lower profile tire, maybe I'll go lower then. And this is my first time doing a modification like this so I'm just gonna wait and see what it looks like first.

45 or 50 series tires (depending on the width) on 17 will get you close to stock tire diameter. Just how low you can go depends on the offset on the rims 225 is kinda wide (unless your rims are 9"+ wide) so you might wanna run the numbers on some thing like This. It will also show you what lower profile tires will do.

BamaVTEC

Reaction score

let me know if u need help with anything. i dont live far from the shell station i was at

Okay cool, thanks man. I honestly have no clue how to install coilovers, and I'd rather not pay to have them put on. There's some guys I know that meet up in Trussville every Sunday that live in Hueytown near me. Been thinking about asking them too.

BamaVTEC

Reaction score

45 or 50 series tires (depending on the width) on 17 will get you close to stock tire diameter. Just how low you can go depends on the offset on the rims 225 is kinda wide (unless your rims are 9"+ wide) so you might wanna run the numbers on some thing like This. It will also show you what lower profile tires will do.

Yeah, I always knew the tires were a bit wide but I kinda like that. I bought the wheels second hand and that's the size tires that were already on there so I just bought another set like them. I don't know the rim width either, what's the best way to check that?

Back