Jacking up car

datechboss101

Reaction score
So, I got the 1 1/2 ton jack and two 3 ton jack stands. I have no clue how to jack up my CG5. I tried the posts on each corner of the car (where the jack stand supposed to go), but I am having a tough time. Input on where to jack up the car and any diagrams or pictures would be helpful.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
So, I got the 1 1/2 ton jack and two 3 ton jack stands. I have no clue how to jack up my CG5. I tried the posts on each corner of the car (where the jack stand supposed to go), but I am having a tough time. Input on where to jack up the car and any diagrams or pictures would be helpful.

Look in your owners manual for "changing a flat tire". It'll be toward the back of the book. Once you have it up, in front, look for something solid like a boxed beam to put your jack stand under. In the rear, you'll look for something solid like a control arm mount where it attaches the body. Put your stand there, then lower the weight of the car onto the stand. Watch as it loads onto the stand for ANY bending. If the metal starts to bend, jack it back up and find a different spot for the stand.

Note, everyone is different, and they use different points to either raise the vehicle, or place the stands, depending on rust.

datechboss101

Reaction score
Look in your owners manual for "changing a flat tire". It'll be toward the back of the book. Once you have it up, in front, look for something solid like a boxed beam to put your jack stand under. In the rear, you'll look for something solid like a control arm mount where it attaches the body. Put your stand there, then lower the weight of the car onto the stand. Watch as it loads onto the stand for ANY bending. If the metal starts to bend, jack it back up and find a different spot for the stand.

Alright. But my main issue is where should I jack my car up. In other words, where do I place the jack to jack the car up?

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Alright. But my main issue is where should I jack my car up. In other words, where do I place the jack to jack the car up?

In the owners manual, it shows 4 square plates hanging down from the rockers. Those are the jack points that you use for jacking up the car, unless the metal they're welded to is rusty, or rusted out.
Let me guess, your 1 owner car didn't come with an owners manual.:henry:

datechboss101

Reaction score
In the owners manual, it shows 4 square plates hanging down from the rockers. Those are the jack points that you use for jacking up the car, unless the metal they're welded to is rusty, or rusted out.
Let me guess, your 1 owner car didn't come with an owners manual.:henry:

I have the OM. I tried the jack points that, but thought those were the points to use the jack stands. That's where my confusion is. I read the OM, maybe like a million times over the past 1.5 decade, so I am well aware of everything on the car.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
I have the OM. I tried the jack points that, but thought those were the points to use the jack stands. That's where my confusion is. I read the OM, maybe like a million times over the past 1.5 decade, so I am well aware of everything on the car.

Use the plate like it's called out in the owners manual, then put the jack stands in place like I posted above. If you're removing the tires, break the lugs loose before lifting it.

datechboss101

Reaction score
Use the plate like it's called out in the owners manual, then put the jack stands in place like I posted above. If you're removing the tires, break the lugs loose before lifting it.
Alright. Im just starting out with this whole all out DIY thing. Also, would I need some type of block or something to help me out while lifting up the car?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Accordx

Reaction score
The way I get it up is from the front just behind the splash guard (not sure if this is different on the sedans) there's a parts that sorta sticks out that's solid then I put jack stands on the sides. It really depends on what part of the car you're trying to get to though (sides or front). Just don't try and jack it up from the back, I made that mistake already when I tried to tinker with my exhaust haha

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
I lift my car from the folded reinforced jack locations and set solid blocks and wood under the boxed frame area behind the control arms up front. In the rear I don't jack up often as there is no need.

Kimbo80

Reaction score
You can safely jack up the car using the tow hooks, then slowly drop the car on jack stands using the factory pinch welds, as long as they are not rusty and straight.

If you want to jack up both front wheels at the same time, there is a front jacking bracket between the front wheels and the front bumper in the center of the vehicle. It's in the owner's manual.

Last edited:
Back