Retrofit Club

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
GAH i didn't want to post pictures until they were actually hooked up on my car...but here you go..a little teaser i guess...Got bored one day so put them on to see what they looked like

P7176099.jpg

Uncle Fungus

Reaction score
What is the difference between retrofit and a stock replacement kit? Does the retrofit include a new reflector or something?

Perhaps I could start a lonely 1 person club for people with factory fitted HIDs lol :( With the JDM models the HID looks like a boring old headlight, Gen4 accord style. I don't think it's as bright as some of the pictures you guys are showing, however they are vastly superior to my Gen5 wagon's headlights.

ryon527

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
a retrosit involves taking a projector, that round circular thing you see inthe headlight, out of another cars OEM healight, like say BMW, and fitting it into your headlight.

yeah by cutting the hell out of the reflector and getting that white dust crap all over the place :mad:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
hahahahahaha, yyuupp, sounds like you enjoyed doing that huh? haha. i cant wait to see em tho. you get that ccfl rod hooked up yet?

ryon527

Reaction score
nope was in PA last weekend and I don't feel like doing that during the week. I might do it the night before the meet, I'll have it hooked up in time.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
ryon527 said:
nope was in PA last weekend and I don't feel like doing that during the week. I might do it the night before the meet, I'll have it hooked up in time.

you better. i wish i could do my headlights before the meet.

angelplus

Reaction score
Uncle Fungus said:
What is the difference between retrofit and a stock replacement kit? Does the retrofit include a new reflector or something?

Perhaps I could start a lonely 1 person club for people with factory fitted HIDs lol :( With the JDM models the HID looks like a boring old headlight, Gen4 accord style. I don't think it's as bright as some of the pictures you guys are showing, however they are vastly superior to my Gen5 wagon's headlights.

Then you belong in the HID kit club :) They are the ones with HID bulbs in stock housings. I know what you mean, but what you are describing is not a retrofit.

Back