What is this bolt called? Small leak

001Stunna

Reaction score
^ you can always catch the coolant and re-use it but if it was me i'd just use it as a reason to pour some fresh coolant in there anyways.

Nurb

Reaction score
The car has Prestone coolant in it currently, so maybe I should use the opportunity to switch over to Honda's?

Nurb

Reaction score
OK sounds good. The antifreeze is only a year or so old, and It has been getting a bit of newer coolant every month or so as I have to refill to the overflow tank (due to this leak).

Gonna pick up the washer at the dealer tomorrow. Hopefully it will not be a PITA to get the bolt off.

001Stunna

Reaction score
OK sounds good. The antifreeze is only a year or so old, and It has been getting a bit of newer coolant every month or so as I have to refill to the overflow tank (due to this leak).

Gonna pick up the washer at the dealer tomorrow. Hopefully it will not be a PITA to get the bolt off.

It shouldnt be hard to take off, just go easy on it as chances are as you loosen it more coolant will spew out....so try and not be directly under it.

PS. Before replacing it i'd even try simply tightening it to the required torque and see if it was just loose somehow and then recheck in a week if its loose again.

Nurb

Reaction score
I will definitely try to retorque it before doing anything else.

Thanks again for your help!

Back