AllGOnoSHOW's SCCA 02 Accord Coupe V6 6M/T

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
I'll figure something out.

I.might just buy a different motor and use the j30 as a kitchen table or push the car off a cliff to end the curse

[/curse]

Last edited:

MoneyPit

Reaction score
It's not really a matter of "figuring something out." Your options are to either buy a true manual J32A2, or waste a bunch of $$ converting your J30 from MAG to HAL.

MoneyPit

Reaction score
Chris, I know why the bracket broke. At some point my clutch pedal became less and less responsive due to the wiring issues so i had to pretty much slam the pedal which after awhile caused it to break.

Also, wiring "issues" don't effect your clutch in any way, the two are completely independent of each other.

The reason your clutch bracket broke is because you didn't build a bracket from the top of the clutch assembly to the body of the car. This is also the reason your clutch became "less and less responsive," because you were flexing and bending the assembly every time you pushed the pedal. The CL-S has three mounting points, whereas our Accords only have two. If you don't build the bracket this time, you put you'll break another clutch assembly. It's that simple.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Also, wiring "issues" don't effect your clutch in any way, the two are completely independent of each other.

The reason your clutch bracket broke is because you didn't build a bracket from the top of the clutch assembly to the body of the car. This is also the reason your clutch became "less and less responsive," because you were flexing and bending the assembly every time you pushed the pedal. The CL-S has three mounting points, whereas our Accords only have two. If you don't build the bracket this time, you put you'll break another clutch assembly. It's that simple.

Yeah i learned that the hard way with the clutch assembly and learned that I have to build a bracket or some type of top bolt or mount to the top into the support beam.

I have faith that with type s ecu, harness, and relay box something will work :) I don't have a passenger seat and could actually fit a new motor

And why on the complete 6 speed swap list it says that without richies module (which I still hhave btw) is need the type s ecu, harness, and a few other things?

Thanks for the info BTW. Hell if I wanted to I could flip the ecu and sell it for what oemacuraparts sells it for

MoneyPit

Reaction score
Glad to help.

This Swap list does include, RichieV6's Harness. W/o the harness, you need CL-S ECU, CL-S HARNESS, Most of the Engine Sensors, and 3rd ECU clip(for dash internals, which is extremely hard to find) ECU has 3 clips that go into it. 2 come on the engine harness, the 3rd clip is for dash and misc electical, which is a completely different clip than the automatic ECU.

In regards to your question, the engine sensors being discussed in bold in Mikey's OP are what I mean when I say that you have to convert your J30 from MAG to HAL. The sensors are expensive, and they require some knowledge to install.

Basically, it's expensive, and more of a pain in the ass to convert a motor than it would be just to buy a true manual J32.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Thank you for explaining. I'm working on yoinking the 3.2 out of the cl type s out of the same car I bought the ecu from which is why im being evasive

I'm just trying to get some things together

I should of just pmed you lol

But really I want to shoot an RPG at my car and kill it with fire then lake mod

Last edited:

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
I assume you've done your homework and understand that the 6mt ecu/harness won't run your auto motor, correct?
I'll figure something out.

I.might just buy a different motor and use the j30 as a kitchen table or push the car off a cliff to end the curse

[/curse]

Judging by this response....that would be a no.. :lawl:

What exactly would this curse be?? :thinking:

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Judging by this response....that would be a no.. :lawl:

What exactly would this curse be?? :thinking:

I was joking with my response. I have found quite a few 3.2s and am trying to grab the one from the car i took the ecu from but If that doesn't work then ill go to the 4+ salvage yards that has What I need.

The curse is modding a ****ty platform

Untitled-1.png

Last edited:

Geewiz

Reaction score
I used #6 stainless steel inch long screws.

I'll try those then. Did you put the flex part of the latch on the fender or the bumper? Probably the fender since that is more screws and screw in metal is stronger than bumper?

Good luck with the 3.2 swap from what I've been reading.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
2qsc4nl.jpg

I went back and made mine a lot tighter to get rid of the bumper and fender gap. But this gives you the idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back