Couple LED Conversion Q's

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
Hey guys.
A couple months ago I did a red led swap in my gauge cluster. Last week on the way home from my girlfriends house the gas gauge light started flickering and drove me nuts.
When I got home I tried swapping in the same bulb from my courtesy light but it didn't work. I tried to use a different white led from my map lights and that didn't work either, nor did the white one work in the other gauges.
So, I just left the light out.

I also bought some white 194 leds and put two of them in my license plate lights. The halogen bulbs worked in both spots but only one of the leds worked. I tried putting in another working bulb in the socket that didn't light up but it still didn't work. I can put the bulb in the other side and it works but both won't come on at the same time.

I can deal with the gas light out and put halogen bulbs in the plate lights to keep cops away, but I'd much rather have them all working in leds.

I think my sender thing in the gas gauge might be bad. I get accurate fuel level readings but the low fuel light is constantly on even with a full tank, I took out that bulb.

As for the plate lights I think the power it's drawing is different than halogen like when you get hyper blink by putting leds in turn signals.

Any clues to why I'm having these problems and what I can do to fix them?

Thanks in advance.

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
Not sure if it applies to your case or not but I thought of it while reading your post... according to LEDautomotive, on their install guide it says "If any LEDs do not light up, simply rotate them 180 degrees and test again"

Just a thought

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
Not sure if it applies to your case or not but I thought of it while reading your post... according to LEDautomotive, on their install guide it says "If any LEDs do not light up, simply rotate them 180 degrees and test again"

Just a thought

Yeah I've tried all that, still didn't work. Forgot to mention that above.

uhhkilleez

Reaction score

Thanks man those are the same white leds I have, the red ones I have are cheap ones from VatoZone and don't have those little wires.

When I put it in my license plate I didn't flare the wires and it worked but the second one didn't. I took the first one out and the second one worked.

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
Took the cheap red leds out of the cluster and put in the white ones. Pulled apart the wires and they all worked besides the gas still. Put the red ones in the courtesy and license plate lights and they all worked including both plates.

Back