Trailer hitch yay or nay?

cfox28

Reaction score
Here's my question:

Should I get a hitch installed on my accord?

1)why would I?
-My other hobby is woodworking, and I want to be able attach a 4x8 bed trailer to haul plywood etc.

2) Why don't I borrow someones truck?
-I really don't have any friends nearby that I could borrow from

3) Would it look crazy stupid?
-idk, any input? has anyone done this

I just installed a magnaflow cat-back, and I feel like it would
look weird panning across the back: muffler - ball hitch - muffler

001Stunna

Reaction score
When i bought my car it came with one. I didnt have a ball on it though.
It was on there until not long ago where i had to "trim" it as it'd not allow my WW rear lip to fit on.
If it would make your life/work easier do it.

Are accords cars that can tow though? With our trannies...not really

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
I actually saw one towing what looked like about a 12 ft trailer the other day. :lawl: I think for your purposes sure why not. If it's the only way you have to get the plywood then it's worth it.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
What you can do is go to Uhaul and have them put one on for you or go with some other company that can put one on that allows you to remove the ball.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
What you can do is go to Uhaul and have them put one on for you or go with some other company that can put one on that allows you to remove the ball.

This is probably the best bet. Nowadays most hitches are removable, so you're only left with a little bit of the mount showing. As long as it's installed properly, a lot of people probably won't even notice it, unless you leave the hitch in and then obviously when you're towing something.

The biggest concern I had would be the weight. Depending on your suspension, this could end badly if you overload the trailer.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
This is probably the best bet. Nowadays most hitches are removable, so you're only left with a little bit of the mount showing. As long as it's installed properly, a lot of people probably won't even notice it, unless you leave the hitch in and then obviously when you're towing something.

The biggest concern I had would be the weight. Depending on your suspension, this could end badly if you overload the trailer.

Most definately.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Don't do it. I've seen way too many cars with sagging suspension in the back from pulling trailers. Just buy an old work truck for under $1k and use that.

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
I say go for it, you can easily pick up a hitch online for about $100. I've been considering getting one.....but I'll be towing a jetski since I no longer have a truck at my disposal... :lawl:

Back