What is this

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Looks like tiny specks of white paint on the top of my front driver side quarter panel, only it’s not. It’s under the clearcoat because it feels smooth to the touch. Is this evidence of the clearcoat bubbling/fading or something? It’s only visible at certain angles too.

I clean the car at least once every two weeks and wax it once a year, and it’s usually parked in the shade whenever I can. This is occurring nowhere else on the car.

I’m guessing sun damage…?

2012-08-23_14-58-12_100.jpg

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I'm guessing you can't rub it off? Like I have tons of marks like that all in my door sills and the engine bay from spray wax overspray. And It won't rub off unless I use like paint thinner.

chaby_91

Reaction score
^This is a good question

Picture lets it looks like the clearcoat is starting to peel, which is bad.

[Cheap] aftermarket clearcoat does this after a couple years. It's starting to happen on my spoiler. I'm going to wax it often and see the progression/destruction.

Edit: BTW, this sh*t spreads like f**king cancer.

Last edited:

truWarier02

Reaction score
I had a couple of big blots on my hood before but a simple clay bar + wax/buffer made it go away.

cfox28

Reaction score
I had weird white sh!t in spots over my car that looked like that, but it rubbed off... sorry to hear its not the same case :/

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
Have a detail or body shop look at it and diagnose the problem and provide a solution, if any.

kinda off topic --- wax it once a year?? I wax mine every 3 months with 1Z and apply 1Z spray wax after almost every wash, which is weekly.

Back