KYB-GR2 OR KYB-AGX with Megan Racing Coilover Sleeves?

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
Title says it, should i use KYB-GR2 OR KYB-AGX with Megan Racing Coilover Sleeves? Some reviews are saying that the KYB-GR2 wont last long with more than a 1.5in drop. Im looking into a 1.5-2.5in drop. Would they last? I know the KYB-AGX would but would the KYB-GR2? I know the ride will be stiff, thats not a issue.
I drive a 1999 Honda Accord Coupe V6 with my only suspension related mod of 15mm Akata Wheel Spacers.

Thoughts?

jeffpanya

Reaction score
Koni yellows I had the same setup way back then. Megan sleeves and Koni yellows. Save you money and get something better those sleeves are garbage. The gr2's won't last that long and still won't ride nice at all, agx's I heard they are not good to be slammed too.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Koni yellows I had the same setup way back then. Megan sleeves and Koni yellows. Save you money and get something better those sleeves are garbage. The gr2's won't last that long and still won't ride nice at all, agx's I heard they are not good to be slammed too.

Damn Jeff, haven't seen a post from you on the forums in ages! Lol

Koni yellows, trust me. Spend the extra money and do it right. If don't want to spend 900+ on brand new koni yellows and GC sleeves, just get some FF type 1's for $400 used or so and $550 new.

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
Damn Jeff, haven't seen a post from you on the forums in ages! Lol

Koni yellows, trust me. Spend the extra money and do it right. If don't want to spend 900+ on brand new koni yellows and GC sleeves, just get some FF type 1's for $400 used or so and $550 new.

I cant find any FF type ones for that price, can you link me to some? Thanks

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170903950011

Brand new for $549.99

Or just stick around and someobe will sell some used ones for $400 or so.

Thanks! I'm debating because thats more than I want to spend. I plan on keeping my car another 2-3 years. Ive already put in around $600 into my car for mods and $2100 for a tranny rebuild. I'm just trying to lower it on a budget. I want to just get KYB-GR2 shocks with Megan Racing Coilover Sleeves for $350 but I dont know how long those shocks would last because they are not meant for that big of a drop.

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm debating because thats more than I want to spend. I plan on keeping my car another 2-3 years. Ive already put in around $600 into my car for mods and $2100 for a tranny rebuild. I'm just trying to lower it on a budget. I want to just get KYB-GR2 shocks with Megan Racing Coilover Sleeves for $350 but I dont know how long those shocks would last because they are not meant for that big of a drop.

If you're willing to spend the money on shocks that are designed as a replacement for your OEM shocks why not just toss the Megans on your stocks until they blow... essentialy the same thing.

Since you are already considering dropping $350 on that setup why not just wait a little longer until you save up for either a quality shock/spring combo or full coilovers?

Back