P0301, p0302, p0304, p0305, p0306, p0300, p1399...

dawg316

Reaction score
take it to a shop and never let a parts store guy try and diagnos your car for you. woulda been better drawing probable causes from a hat then to have to highschooler who works at a parts desk give you informed descissions about a car he hasnt even had experience working on.

you have acsess to a obd2 scanner that shows live data? if not take it to a shop and they will diagnose it for cheap and get it done.

White6GAV6

Reaction score
Little bump. Did anything ever come of this? My car has been acting up recently, pretty close to what you're experienceing. It feels like the car has a really bad misfire, yet it throws no codes.

Baller

Reaction score
Little bump. Did anything ever come of this? My car has been acting up recently, pretty close to what you're experienceing. It feels like the car has a really bad misfire, yet it throws no codes.

A little update for an old thread. I hope it can help someone. My problem turned out to be a problem with the rings in the valve cover that go around the spark plug tubes. When I did the valves, I wasn't as careful as I should have been when reinstalling the valve covers. Oil was getting down into the tubes and down all over the coils. I cleaned out the tubes, got new coils and reinstalled the valve covers and everything has been good to go. Currently at 278k and purrs like a kitten. Below is what you don't want your coil to look like when you pull it.

374-C9264-560-B-4271-9-A1-E-0-C7-B1-EFC9-EA5.jpg

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
Coil packs don't need to be replaced unless they're obviously bad.

I've had that happen to me once before. If they are mixed with oil because of a failed spark plug well grommet as you showed us, just clean out all the oil using an air compressor or a straw and a (children's over the counter) medical syringe to purge the oil out of the well. Any little bits of oil remaining, I'd let drip into the chamber. Yea, you'll burn oil for a little bit, but so long as it's all sealed up properly, it won't be for too long that you'll be burning oil.

Back