FYI-G87P paint

cl206

Reaction score
Hi just wanted to share with everyone about my paint journey. The clearcoat I think had been peeling off the roof (or maybe oxidizing) so last year I decided to order some OEM paint from automotivetouchup. I was going to sand the top down and repaint and reclearcoat. Honestly I don't think I did a great job due to not spraying enough layers and just bad technique.

For my 2000 coupe, the dark emerald green is code G87P. A 12 oz spray can was $20 and this week I needed to do some touchup on that roof again but didn't want to spend that much money on this car (money pit!!!). So I looked into duplicolor which was cheaper by more than half and easier for me to get since AAP and AZ carries them (and rockauto too). Well the forest green color for chrysler cars is a very close match to G87P. I was pleasantly shocked. Now I don't know how durable it will be but for the price, why not.

Have a good day!!

jypatric

Reaction score
Interesting. Any pics? Never tired using duplicolor as touchup paint.

cl206

Reaction score
Interesting. Any pics? Never tired using duplicolor as touchup paint.

Sorry I don't post a lot of pics and photobucket now requires paying or some crap like that. I might get into flickr or something else. But for now not really. My iphone even took a crap last week lol and I lost all my stuff on it (not that it was super important stuff anyways.)

I might get around to it but am too embarrassed for now lol!

Back