Tires help?

dynasty

Reaction score
Will this fit? there this guy who is selling 235/45/18 but my staggered wheels are 245/40/18 or 225/40/18. would it fit on any of those specs?

dynasty

Reaction score
235 is the radius from the rim to the tread of the tires.
45 is the width of the tires.
and 18 is the size of the rim.
so would it still fit though? any rubbing? i'm not dropped.... yet.. this is for my camry btw.

I4 CG5

Reaction score
45 is the size of the sidewall and 235 is the width of the tire. You have it backwards if I'm reading it right. Here's what the specs mean. I'm not really sure how big the Camry's wheel wells are so I don't know if it will rub

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
first of all, 245/40/18's are wide as hell for a 6th gen accord.
even 235/45/18 is pretty wide
It's safe to say if you're dropped you will definitely rub
A good staggered size fitment is probably 215/45/18-Front/225/40/18-rear.

The weird this is that the purpose of a staggered pattern is to get better traction with the wider wheel. This technique is commonly used on RWD vehicles. It's possible to achieve this on a FWD vehicls, however may not be too safe in bad weather (rain, snow) because of the uneven tread/tire patch.

Last edited:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
first of all, 245/40/18's are wide as hell.
even 235/45/18 is pretty wide
It's safe to say if you're dropped you will definitely rub
A good staggered size fitment is probably 215/45/18-Front/225/40/18-rear
I absolutely HATE staggered offsets on FWD cars but anyway..

Why would you run a 45 on the front and 40 in the rear both on 18" rims?

Phut

Reaction score
Will this fit? there this guy who is selling 235/45/18 but my staggered wheels are 245/40/18 or 225/40/18. would it fit on any of those specs?
what are the widths of the wheels?

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
I absolutely HATE staggered offsets on FWD cars but anyway..

Why would you run a 45 on the front and 40 in the rear both on 18" rims?

Well, it depends upon a few things.
on a staggered fitment, the main reason (on RWD cars) is The rear should always have a lower profile and wider contact patch for handling, and performance.
Look at some sport cars and notice the tires they're running.
The rear profile is always lower than the front profile.
Click the following links
Link I
Click II

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
well, if you think about it... staggered with the wider tire in the rear would be pointless on a fwd car for obvious reasons....you stagger to get better traction.

SO, if that were the case, you would stagger so that it would favor the front, wider tire in the front, but then the rear wouldnt have as much traction as the front in turns, and could kick out, spinning your car out and possibly hitting something.

SSOO, the best fitment (i would say) for a fwd car would be to have the widest you could go all around, and staying the same tire width for optimal traction and handling.

but thats for performance oriented ****. if you do it just for looks, then its whatever....but i think doing staggered with a 215 and a 225 tire would be pointless, cuz theirs not much difference in the width and you should just save the time/money at that point.

just my $0.02

Back