Walkin' In Memphis : Fall Meet 2013

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Some of you already know. Lets get this thing started. Was yet to talk with parks and rec today due to work but will be doing so shortly. The meet is projected for November but can be changed to October. Its far enough away for people to plan for drives and the date. Meet minimum is 10. If you are within 4 hours of this meet, consider it. Lets blow it out.

Date: November 9th, 2013

Activities and specifics: TBD - in progress

Caravan info: All caravans are meeting Friday 11/8. As for times, we'll just have to see how that goes, and keep in communication.

Louisville, KY meeting place for caravan:
Five Star Food Mart
2800 Fern Valley Rd,
Louisville, KY 40213
Google Map
Esimated meeting time: 2:00pm

Caravan estimated arrival in Memphis: 8:00-9pm

Major roads being traveled for anyone else that may want to meet up: (in order)
I-71 South
I-264 West or 64 West (will update)
I-65 South
I-40 West

Accommodations: This is the hotel that we have made arrangements at:
https://plus.google.com/10591819259...hl=en#105918192597794368829/about?gl=us&hl=en

Quality: They have a pretty good rating, clean for us, safe for our cars. They do have a continental breakfast.

Location: It is near a highway that will get us to the park in no more than 20 min drive time. (I'm sure that people would enjoy a short cruise anyways.) Refer to link above for hotel address.

Contact and Payment info:
-Arrangements have been made for 20 rooms that will be located close to each other. It is up to each of us to call and make our reservations. This is just a way for us to all be close together. You can also specify your bedding (twin or queen) when you call.
-Cost is $99.00 per a room, per a night + any applicable taxes or fees. This includes FREE breakfast for up to two people per a room (per a person, per a morning). They are expecting people to stay up to two nights. Check in is on Friday Nov. 8th -to- check out on Sunday Nov. 10th. BUT if you are not staying both nights, that should not be a problem. (Ask hotel when calling to confirm.)
-The cutoff date for everyone to make reservations is October 25th.
-For reservations, call the hotel at# (901)-767-6300. Must mention
GROUP CODE: SA1108 when making all reservations.
(So they know who you are with.)

---We can start calling for reservations after 6:00p.m. E.S.T. on 10/10/13---
Here is a PDF copy of the “Group Room Reservation Agreement”. Please read before making reservations if you have any questions or concerns about booking your reservations: View attachment 426

Confirmed attendees:

1. RedRyder
2. Mikey
3. Ghost Ryder
4. Knox47
5. Puzzlemaster94

On the fence:

1. workman8505
2. cleansleeper/Valet
3. Ilovemy6thgen
4. Chef89Red

Out:

2000BlackCoupe
Dukebb23
Michael_accord
Accord2Show
soccerchamp16
RackedOut
Bax
Momentum
SykVSyx
dharding413
C-span

List of community parks:
http://www.memphistn.gov/Government/ParksNeighborhoods/Parks/CommunityParks.aspx

List of neighborhood parks:
http://www.memphistn.gov/Government/ParksNeighborhoods/Parks/NeighborhoodParksUrbanPlazas.aspx

List of large parks:
http://www.memphistn.gov/Government/ParksNeighborhoods/Parks/LargeParks.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikey

Reaction score
Re: Walkin' In Memphis : Fall 2013

6 hours, 350 miles.

As I said, if my life allows it, I'm always down for meets and roadtrips. I'll try my best to show up only if everyone prays I get the job I interviewed for today, lol.

Dukebb23

Duke Blue Devils
Reaction score

Good luck Mikey! Just think positive and know you have it in the bag.
Looking forward to meeting up. We could always move locations to a better setting (for pics) but there are plenty of spots in downtown Memphis too.

Hoping we can find more peeps. Should be a blast. Hell we could always take a trip down to Tunica for some gambling too.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Like that title!

Gonna have to make sure I have Walkin in Memphis blasting on the stereo to get me hype on the way down!

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score

Gonna try and recruit some DFW members to roll out with me.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Great thread. I like the title too, Lonestar is good stuff lol.

If we get at least 10-15 people, none of which are flakers, I would probably make the 7 hour drive, would enjoy having some people to caravan with though. Regardless, a decent sized 6GA meet would be awesome.

What's DFW?

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score

We call the metroplex I live in (which is Dallas and its neighboring city Fort Worth), DFW.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Not sure that anyone from here would be up for the trip, so I may have to roll solo.

There MAY be about 4-5 guys that would probably do it, so that would be good.

@CB, the route I am taking, takes me on the I-75 through Ohio, so I am sure we could meet up somewhere along the way with whoever else is in from OH/KY.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Steve I love that you came in here with only the intention of straightening that out haha. Sarr-EE.

I didn't mean his rendition was better, I just like what I've heard from him lol.

Derek, how likely are you to do it? You feel pretty confident the car will be done and your wife will be okay at home with the 2 month old?

Last edited:
Back