Would $5,000 get me a turbo kit and a tranny swap?

chriskarel

Reaction score
Some of you may know that I am trying to sell my car to get something faster, but honestly I can't find anything for sale at a reasonable price that I love. So, I'm wondering if I put $5,000 into my car, would that pay for a turbo and a tranny swap (from auto to 5spd).

I have a 4-cyl. so I know it still wouldn't be a freak, but I would love to have like 200hp at the wheels (ish?) Is that possible to do SAFELY on this car and still be reliable? Any insight would be great, I'm also weighing getting a 5.0 Stang for $5,000 and starting over but I have a lot into my Accord already and I'm fond of her.

Thanks for the input.

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
Just save your money and wait for something better. The kits have to pieced together and take lots of work and fine tuning. Based on your posts on this site, that may be a little over your head...

chriskarel

Reaction score
more than a little, and I was going to take it to a shop and have them do it anyway

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Only Stang you're gonna get for $5k is a Fox body, and I wouldn't touch that with my 10ft pole. That is, if my pole were 10ft. Regardless...if you swap to 5spd the Accord will feel faster, and it will be much much more fun. I think that would satisfy you for a bit.

Or take the advice above, and just keep the car as is, and keep saving for down the road.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
refer to my new and improved sig.

after going on the canam cruise, i feel like ill never be satisfied with this car :lawl:

although the 5MT is wonderful

Adancito

Reaction score
Well you gotta think about it. Are you happy with the car?..it seems like your not. If you have 5g's and loved your car you wouldn't question yourself about what should you do. You'd just do it. Answer that question first before You go out and drop $$ and then regret it.

chriskarel

Reaction score
I love my car for what it is. A very reliable, semi-cool looking DD. But I want to go more faster.

Back