RR's '99 coupe EX-L

White6GAV6

Reaction score
Re: RR's 3.2L '99 EX-L Coupe 6MT

Looks amazing, like always! Glad to hear you've fallen back in love with it. Stance is a good balance between function and looks.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score

Hey Red Ryder sweet ride man,,, major props :omgbd: .. projector headlights look sick, where did you get em?

A lot of us have them. They're called retrofits and we make them ourselves by modifying the headlights to fit the projectors.

Reaction score

A lot of us have them. They're called retrofits and we make them ourselves by modifying the headlights to fit the projectors.

Thanks Valet, so I can buy any headlight I want and make it a retrofit? Do they sell them already modified? Is there a specific projector size for our headlights?
And last of all, what do you do to the headlight to fit the projector?

Sorry for all the questions, Im just kind of new to all this. If there are any DIY forums on this topic I will appreciate a link. Thanks for you all's patience.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
RR's 3.2L '99 EX-L Coupe 6MT

There is a lot of DIY info on this site. Search around and read for a little. If you still have questions PM me and I'll be glad to help.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Looks amazing, like always! Glad to hear you've fallen back in love with it. Stance is a good balance between function and looks.

Thanks. Yea the current ride height is the perfect mix of function and form for me, personally.

How many inches is your car lowered on the 2nd picture?

I think that was 25+1/4" or so ground to fender.

Mikey

Reaction score

- V-LED white front parking lights (LED strip)
WTH is this?? :lawl:

After re-reading your GC thread, it makes me want to go that route directly instead of gradually starting off with Eibachs/Yellows but I don't want to mess with bumper tabs and rolling fenders. Not yet anyway. If ever, lol. Plus I may or may not have found a relatively reputable setup that is fairly inexpensive, but it's nothing well-known.

Im glad to know that the 10.7/8 rates were softer than you thought so if I ever get there, depending on how I like whatever setup I have at the time, I could potentially order the exact same setup you have and be happy with it.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

I had an LED strip in my redhousings. I transferred them over when I got the retros but then they started malfunctioning. So they were retired lol.

I remember saying I didn’t want to roll fenders or mess with anything….but then I started craving a more sporty stance sort of look, and I just went for it. You could drop 2.5” on your Si wheels and never have to worry about rubbing since they’re 17x7. You could even space them a little bit. You could go with the stock GC rates too, unless you want to plan ahead in case you ever get more aggressive wheels.

My setup is certainly firm, but on decent roads, it’s pretty comfortable imo. It’s never jarring or actually uncomfortable unless I’m on a pretty bad road, which I avoid at all costs anyway. And you’d have 17’s, so you’d have more sidewall, which would cushion the ride a little more. When I first got them I wasn’t sure I had gone firm enough, now after the fenderwork and what not, I’m glad I didn’t.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Couple things I’ve been up to…

Red guage cluster. Was 6k white before but all the crap LEDAutomotive bulbs finally went out.

temporary_zpseeacead6.jpg

Blackout top trim

temporary_zpsdf0f1260.jpg

temporary_zpsdbf60f8d.jpg

Last edited:
Back