RR's '99 coupe EX-L

blackhawksfan18

Reaction score
Re: RR's 3.2L '99 EX-L Coupe 6MT

If no one has asked, you mind telling me where you got that chrome "H" letter for the steering wheel?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

^I think it was actually an emblem off a center cap, maybe CRV. I cut the two pegs off the back.

I'm going to be doing something similar as my front lip has got a few hairline fractures that I don't want to spread. Can you ask as to the name of this liner, I'd like to have something similar done to mine.

I will check with him

slowaccord

Reaction score

wish i had your motor. with the same mods id be at like 50 whp more lol

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

I'd like to hear a sound clip of your car with that SC.

Are you waiting for your auto trans to die before swapping?

slowaccord

Reaction score

I'd like to hear a sound clip of your car with that SC.

Are you waiting for your auto trans to die before swapping?

I honestly don't know about doing a swap anymore. I don't want the harness everyone is using. And a full on swap seems very pricey.

I will try and get a clip after I install a new intake. Also have a new exhaust that I bought but have not fitted. :)

bairdandrew77

Reaction score

I don't feel like looking through 66 pages so sorry if this was already asked, what kind of highway/combined mpgs do you usually get? I bet that car's a blast to drive, and probably surprises a lot of people in races

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

I honestly don't know about doing a swap anymore. I don't want the harness everyone is using. And a full on swap seems very pricey.

I will try and get a clip after I install a new intake. Also have a new exhaust that I bought but have not fitted. :)

Which exhaust? Ever since I heard the Tanabe on Rich’s car, I’ve thought about switching to that. I liked the higher pitch and more pronounced pop, sounded something like a race exhaust. I like what I’ve heard from Vibrant too.

It’d be nice if other V6 mufflers were a bolt-on swap with the Magnaflow B-pipe, so you could just switch out mufflers without cutting it all up, but I doubt that’s the case.

I don't feel like looking through 66 pages so sorry if this was already asked, what kind of highway/combined mpgs do you usually get? I bet that car's a blast to drive, and probably surprises a lot of people in races

City I can get 22, more if I really lightfoot it. Highway I haven’t been able to measure but since my city driving MPG went up after the swap, I know the highway would too. So theoretically, it could be 30mpg or above (factory 3.0 w/auto was 20/28).. Right now it’s not as good as it could be due to this stupid p1456 I can’t seem to get rid of (fuel vapor leak). The CL 6MT was rated 19/28 I think…perhaps the size and weight difference between the CL and Accord gives me better fuel economy, not sure.

A lot of people ask me if the car is fast, my go-to reply is “well it’s still a front wheel drive Accord, but it pulls pretty hard and is a lot of fun.” Lol. But yeah, 3 years later driving this thing still puts a smile on my face. I don’t race the car, but every once in awhile I get someone trying to engage me. If they’re a proper driver with a nice car and not some irresponsible idiot, I’ll show them a brief glimpse of what it’s capable of and then back off. I’m sure it’s surprised a few people lol, no one expects an old Accord to be quick.

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score

If it was only about 1000lb lighter...

Back