F23a1 Turbo build (update 10/20/12) DYNO

greekpizza

Reaction score
Ok so i started my turbo build last week so i figured id start a thread, Ill post the parts im going with as they come in because im still debating on a few things, this will be a low boost set up 8psi. then down the road i will be building the bottom end and adding a stage 3 clutch to handle 14psi. Im going to be tuning with neptune, so obviously obd1 conversion. The car will be tuned by Matt shue, a local tuner in Richmond Va. Anyways enjoy.

BUILD VIDEO
DYNO VID

parts installed:
Competetion Stage 4 Clutch
hks ssqv 3
cast manifold
arp headstuds
p28
godspeed turbo t3/t4 :squintfinger:
Dsm 450cc blacktoops
Obx intercooler kit
Tial Purple wastegate
Oil line kit
Ecu conversion kit
Purple Oil catch can
Aem FPR
vibrant 2.5" sleeper black muffler
vibrant 2.5 resonator
2.5" cat which ill be gutting just so i can pass inspection
PROSPORT gauges
Ordered parts:

Planned Purchases
AEM wideband AFR

Professional help:
Custom downpipe with electric cutout
Chip and tune with neptune via matt shue

new front lip
39150910151249420131982.jpg

cast turbo manifold
55766010151249418756982.jpg

turbo
photovmf.jpg

55237239302941075727720.jpg

img0109mv.jpg

img0110hd.jpg

img0111pt.jpg

tialwastegate.jpg

oillinekit.jpg

oilcatchcan.jpg

dsm450cc.jpg

img02351e.jpg

img02311s.jpg

watch

the first attempt to start:
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6833/9umwuchmhdvtzznptkdsjh.mp4

UPDATE: got the exhaust all done, now just doing the timing belt and shell be good to go.
57972241895623149792815.jpg

42273110151437611591982.jpg

40837541895625483125913.jpg

love the sleeper look
img0327n.jpg

Car made 222whp and 216wtq. real happy with my tuner this is at 6.5 psi even though we were using a 7.5psi spring.

costaaccord.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
Re: Greekpizza's Turbo build

so your who i saw parked on the grass at echm !

Matt shue can tune his *** off. he did my boys 240

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score

Nice list minus one thing. I'm not so crazy for Chinese manufactured turbo's. That's like walking through a landmine blindfolded. I think you should pawn that thing off on someone else and bite the bullet and invest in a turbo manufactured by a reputable company.

greekpizza

Reaction score

Nice list minus one thing. I'm not so crazy for Chinese manufactured turbo's. That's like walking through a landmine blindfolded. I think you should pawn that thing off on someone else and bite the bullet and invest in a turbo manufactured by a reputable company.

Yeah i saw this coming, heres my opinion on them, ive never had one never had any turbo but i have 2 close friends who have ran them with great success, both of them told me to run thiner oil feed lines and that theyll run great, time will tell, but i plan on buying a greedy or precision later on. This turbo comes with a one year warranty so the way i look at it is a bought a turbo to last me a year and the price reflects that.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score

i have some pigtails that i can sell ya for dirt cheap

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score

Yeah i saw this coming, heres my opinion on them, ive never had one never had any turbo but i have 2 close friends who have ran them with great success, both of them told me to run thiner oil feed lines and that theyll run great, time will tell, but i plan on buying a greedy or precision later on. This turbo comes with a one year warranty so the way i look at it is a bought a turbo to last me a year and the price reflects that.

I've never met anyone who has run a Godspeed turbo so I can't really speak out of experience, I've only read reviews on them. I hear that they make good power but they don't last very long. I suppose it's worth a try being a temp. turbo and has a one year warranty (as long as it doesn't damage your engine).

greekpizza

Reaction score

I've never met anyone who has run a Godspeed turbo so I can't really speak out of experience, I've only read reviews on them. I hear that they make good power but they don't last very long. I suppose it's worth a try being a temp. turbo and has a one year warranty (as long as it doesn't damage your engine).

Yeah i mean i cant say your wrong, i guess we will see what happens i will glady admit when i make a mistake.

Ilovemy6thgen

Reaction score

Nice parts list. In for the end results! And I'm assuming your tuning on regular pump?

Back