[Wreck Update] Varnell's 1998 Sedan LX 56k

Varnell

Reaction score
Came around a turn, kid driving a 99 accord was passing a horse carriage. Yea, you read that right. Two donkeys pulling a carriage down a two lane road with a speed limit of 50 mph. I hit the brakes, and caught his back end as he finally moved over. Cop told both of us to head to the courthouse in a few days to find out the official report. I didn't get a ticket. I'm not sure if the other driver did. I've never been in a wreck before, so I don't know if this is normal procedure.

No people were hurt... just two 6th gens.

Varnell

Reaction score
Yea, we avoided a slaughter, luckily. I'm hoping I can salvage it, but isn't a car considered totaled if the air bags go off?

f20bcg3

Reaction score
Since were both in nc and i have been in a few wrecks if it would have been ur fault u would have got a careless and reckless for driving at a speed you couldnt control so u might be ok

F20Bs don't take prisoners they chop faces off!!

danmccormick87

Reaction score
Glad no one was hurt, and it depends on the airbags and damage. The bags can go off with a hit in the parking lot, so you will have to get an claims adjuster to determine that for you.

Brad2274

Reaction score
Yea, we avoided a slaughter, luckily. I'm hoping I can salvage it, but isn't a car considered totaled if the air bags go off?
no, usually it's deemed totalled if the cost of the repairs could equal more than half the value of the car, that damage looks repairable but since you need a hood, fender, bumper, headlight, headlight support, maybe metal bumper(hopefully no frame damage) and all that painted, good chance of it being $1500 in repairs, and unless your car is immaculate usually and very very low miles, the Kbb is about $2400 for your car :(
but it's not the end of the world if it's totalled, they might give you $3k for another car and you could buy it back for like $500-700, then fix it and pocket any extra

shyste

Reaction score
Were in NC do you got to get your car inspected? Wanted to go lower on my tint but can't find a shop that will pass me.

f20bcg3

Reaction score
Were in NC do you got to get your car inspected? Wanted to go lower on my tint but can't find a shop that will pass me.

Depends wat county u in

F20Bs don't take prisoners they chop faces off!!

Back