New exhaust set-up

bRaZEn_407

Reaction score
I have a vibrant one but I think its the same as that. Both are straight through design, bottle style, and 18". Anyone know 2.5" resonator will it still sound the same? my pipe is 2.25 but the resonator is 2.5"

It'll sound marginally different. Different companies but basically the same thing.

The more exhaust clips I hear, the more I want to change mine up. This sounds great, has a "race exhaust" characteristic to it and just the right amount of "popping" imo.

Is the resonator bolted to the cat, or is there a section of piping and then the resonator, and then the piping goes to the mufflers?

Thanks Red! There's about 18" of piping between the cat and resonator, then more piping.

Sounds nice, I couldn't keep the drone down with my exhaust (Dual magnaflow, Catback 2.5"). I was looking for quiet with decent flow over anything. Ended up with the largest resonator they make along with a second "simple" one. Here is a pic of my two resonators...

From the front. (The big daddy)
R6YcA1P.jpg

From the rear. (The simple one)
sE4wWoZ.jpg

Idle, rev and startup... (Posted this on another thread somewhere on here)

Hmmm, I would try replacing the long resonator with a cat and see how that works. If not, try some quiter mufflers.

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Hmmm, I would try replacing the long resonator with a cat and see how that works. If not, try some quiter mufflers.

No, my drone is 100% gone now. That is after I put in the BIG resonator in. I am happy with the current setup. I just went through a hassle directly after install without the big daddy. At first I just had one small resonator. Unbearable drone, then put in the second (the rear small one) still had drone until I decided on the big daddy and smaller one together. No problems now though.

bRaZEn_407

Reaction score
No, my drone is 100% gone now. That is after I put in the BIG resonator in. I am happy with the current setup. I just went through a hassle directly after install without the big daddy. At first I just had one small resonator. Unbearable drone, then put in the second (the rear small one) still had drone until I decided on the big daddy and smaller one together. No problems now though.

Oh ok I misunderstood, my apologies

Back